New To Forums. New To Overclocking.

Shiver

I hit reset and it didn't change it, but then today I went in there and changed it all back to auto. so now it's back down to 3.2 ghz and it like 1.4~volts. temps are going lower now though which is good. Still gonna use that new thermal paste when it gets here though. Then I'll go back to working on clocking this thing. I know people say that clocking up a little bit won't help with gaming and performance that much, but I like the idea and the psychological effect. 

Alright. Well artic silver 5 got here and I applied it. sort of tough with the cooler master v8. Ran Prime 95 and Core Temp said I was using 100% and it's not getting above 45! So Artic Silver 5 and cooler master v8 are doing there job great! never thought that some new thermal paste would make such a huge difference!

Oh and from what I've read the temps get lower after artic silver starts to set in 

Edited by Shiver

i've found that although there are differences in quality of TP, they are negligible when compared to your technique when applying TP. The difference between bad and good applications is tremendous. Easily a 10c difference at least