The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Hmm... Maybe the newer ones are bigger? Ive been in one that was quite a bit older, maybe a first gen WRX even, but possibly a 2nd.

Still im really thinking i want my next car to be something bigger, im sick of hitting my head on the ceiling of my car when i get train tracks and stuff, lol. As far as AWD cars with copious amounts of power, lately the Dodge Charger R/T Max has been calling my name. I did actually look at a few Audi's as it turns out the A4/S4 have quite a bit of head room and leg room, but I dont think i could afford it.

Maybe I'll have to take a look at the WRX though, since I've been in older versions of it and wasnt comfortable, i sorta just blew it off without even a 2nd thought.

The charger only comes with dodge's terrible automatic. Just sayin'. For that price, you could get a much better car, engineering-wise.

The charger only comes with dodge's terrible automatic. Just sayin'. For that price, you could get a much better car, engineering-wise.

I'd love to have that 8 speed in my Jeep.

The 2013 is supposed to have the option according to rumors. :)

The 2013 is supposed to have the option according to rumors. :)

Hopefully the rumors are true. The only dodge I would drive as of now is the challenger, which is a work of art.

Hopefully the rumors are true. The only dodge I would drive as of now is the challenger, which is a work of art.

Style-wise? Sure. Performance-wise? HELL NO. It's an overweight pig in every sense of the word. At least the Mustang tries not to be a 4500 pound lardass. :lol:

Anyway - just bought a Creative Sound Blaster Live! card from Gebraset. I figure it'll go well in the HTPC assuming I can get the drivers going for it. The slight background noise from the onboard sound at maximum volume has finally gotten to me. :P

I get the same from a lot of other Jeep people. "Dude you got an auto? Dawg!!! you gots ta have a stick! Autos are for pussies! Teh manuals are teh derp!" When the fact is for 4x4ing an auto is superior in just about every way. The truth is it's just the "fun factor" of them. But the fun of shifting gears kind of wears off after a while.

Not sure why you guys dog on automatics so much.

Once you drive a stick for a while...it's really hard to go back to a slushbox. They're slower, less efficient, and they brake a LOT more often and cost more to fix at the same time. :teehee:

Well better car that i can't fit in... Lol, And the new Charger is really quite nice, It's the first car that has all the Fiat enhancements. You should actually drive one of the new ones before you dog it like that. Lol

In the US anyways, you can custom order a 2012 Charger AWD with the 8-speed. But its basically a undocumented special option. My friends dad has one already. It's... Amazing.

I've been in a lot of cars lately, especially when i went to the Detroit Auto show, The charger was one of the very few cars in my price range, that was truly comfortable.

Once you drive a stick for a while...it's really hard to go back to a slushbox. They're slower, less efficient, and they brake a LOT more often and cost more to fix at the same time. :teehee:

I think you're lumping all autos into one category.

Modern automatics are more efficient and faster in almost every comparison. This year's 335i (N55 engine, I drive a 2008 with the N54) gets 3mpg over the manual in both city and highway. With the 0-60 times being the same as well. The EPA and BMW's claims, not mine.

When I do feel like going fast, I take advantage of the Steptronic box, turn on DTC and use my paddle shifters. I'm sure a full manual's more fun, but if I really wanted a true racing experience I wouldn't be doing it in a car with a decent sound system, heated seats, air condition, etc. I'd have a Caterham 7, or something lightweight and cheap.

Most of the times I do use my car I'm either groggy and have just woken up, or dead tired after work/lab/lectures; when I'm glad to have the auto. I'd hate to miss a gear and enjoy the lovely smell of burnt clutch, something which I've never experienced in my own vehicle. As to the longevity of my automatic, I've never had any problems. That of course doesn't apply across all makes and models.

I guess the manual vs. automatic argument is mostly subjective though

Not all automatics are slower, its a common misconception...

With a manual you have human reaction time, which can be slower than an automatic, so unless your pretty good at shifting I dont see it...

There are some pretty fast cars with automatic transmissions in them.

I know a guy who has a car who will just eat up manual counter parts on the track...

The breaking is true, I hate having to break all the time in my car :(