Picnik Closing

Well looks like one of my favorite online photo editors is set to close forever.

After being bought out by google it was subsequently decided it was no longer needed with google having it's own online photo editor Creative Kit.

Now has anyone here used both Picnik (Premium too, which is free to use for everyone from now till it's closure) and the Creative Kit?

I ask because the Creative Kit is tied to Google+ and I would rather not start up an account I am sick enough of Facebook as it is. The Creative Kit is supposed to be lacking compared to Picnik in a few areas and I was wondering what opions anyone on here might have.

Also suggestions of other free editors, with the same or even more functionality than Picnik, would be welcome.

It's probably not appropriate for me to laugh, but I had to laugh at my cousin who used Picnik instead of Photoshop CS5 (which I had on my laptop... which is currently in her possession), because Photoshop is "too smart for her".

Now what are you going to do, Bri? :haha:

• 1 month later...

It's probably not appropriate for me to laugh, but I had to laugh at my cousin who used Picnik instead of Photoshop CS5 (which I had on my laptop... which is currently in her possession), because Photoshop is "too smart for her".

Now what are you going to do, Bri? :haha:

I hope im not being to harsh, but learning the basics of Photoshop its relativity easy. Just spend a day with a book on it and you should get better results than you think possibly! and if that program is to "smart" for her, what is she doing editing photos? after saying that, I'd be more than happy to show some simple and free tutorials online