Another "Windows 7 not seeing all my RAM" thread...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except price :)

Why not consider a 2500K or 3570K - either of which can be had for the same price as the 8350............?

Fair enough. Replace 3770K with a 2500K or 3570K and my point stands. :D

I'm onboard now :)

p.s. really sorry about your loss to SC last weekend. After being a Razorback fan, I'm an SEC fan, but I hate Spurrier almost as much as I hate Notre Dame. The Mrs. and I were both rooting for your Tigers.

But is it worth the $100 price premium....... Some will definitely think that it is, others maybe not so much so. Admit it, give a few people three computers - one running a 2500K, one running a 3570K and one running a 3770K and ask them to tell you which computer is "faster" (all other hardware the same). Sure the difference reveals itself in benchmarks, but I'm referring directly to day to day computer activities.

I considered that overall upgrade cost was probably a deciding factor with the OP since earlier in this thread he stated he wasn't ready for a complete upgrade. Hence his decision to keep cost down and go with AMD. Guess my only point is that there are other Intel options at the same price point that will out perform the 8350 in most tasks.