Amd Tri-core Processor Evaluation

Nemo

At least it's a start I suppose.

i'd love to see AMD brings some competition to INTEL.

encourages them to produce even better stuff. I dunno if this will sway any intel buyers tho but like I said at least it's a start

I dunno if this will sway any intel buyers tho but like I said at least it's a start

Keep in mind that most "intel buyers" used to be "amd buyers" before C2D :) Fanboys don't change overnight, but they certainly do change.

These B3 chips seem to be taking big steps in the right direction. They've got a long ways to go to catch Core2 on the OC-capability, but considering that OC enthusiasts are actually a pretty small slice of the whole market, the trend looks good for AMD. As things look better for AMD, Intel gets more threatened... better competition... better parts/lower prices... etc,etc. :)

I'm interested to know whether this is a crippled quad or a dual core with another core slapped on.
From what I understood the Tri-cores are essentially a 3Ghz quad that had one core only do 2.5Ghz. (obviously different speed with the different chips)

So instead of bringing each core of the quad to 2.5Ghz (and selling it as a lower quad chip) they laser etch out the paths to the lesser core and make a top of the line 3Ghz Tri-core.

From what I understood the Tri-cores are essentially a 3Ghz quad that had one core only do 2.5Ghz. (obviously different speed with the different chips)

So instead of bringing each core of the quad to 2.5Ghz (and selling it as a lower quad chip) they laser etch out the paths to the lesser core and make a top of the line 3Ghz Tri-core.

There is no 3 GHz quad or tri core...