Hotmail to be replaced with Outlook.com

EuroFight

Well guys, looks like we're loosing Hotmail for good now. Outlook.com is coming instead. I personally hate the new look, but nonetheless; here is the notification I just received;

post-87281-0-25837800-1363383292_thumb.jpeg

Any views about this? Or is it just me who dislikes Outlook.com?

Well guys, looks like we're loosing Hotmail for good now. Outlook.com is coming instead. I personally hate the new look, but nonetheless; here is the notification I just received;

attachicon.gifOutlook.jpeg

Any views about this? Or is it just me who dislikes Outlook.com?

My account has already been forced across and I have begun the process of finding everywhere that needs my email and am trying to get everything across to my Gmail account. 

Microsoft is really going down the drain imho. We have Win 8, Outlook and Office that are all massive screwups which have all altered the things from the past for seemingly just the sake of altering them with no actual benefits to the end user.

I don't think Microsoft will be going down anytime soon. They are just too big a company, and they have so many companies using their products, user experience really doesn't matter - they don't really have any competitors on the OS front.

I don't think Microsoft will be going down anytime soon. They are just too big a company, and they have so many companies using their products, user experience really doesn't matter - they don't really have any competitors on the OS front.

I don't think they'll go down but the quality of products is going down the drain.

Its really quite sad how little the customers wants and needs seem to factor into things these days.

<rant class="angry", style="blockoftext">

I have to say I haven't agreed with alot of Microsoft's decisions recently, the Windows 8 UI which is horrible to use, the migration of all its services to the 'Metro' 'Modern UI' look to attempt to get people to buy Windows 8, the offensive against Google with 'Scroogle' and suchlike.

Also the breach of the settlement with Opera in the EU with regards to the 'Browser Choice' fiasco. Even back to Office 2007 where they made a new file format for no apparent reason except to make people pay for the upgrade, then changed the UI to make it impossible to use. 

<rant />

Hey guys, I started my own WEB site just so I could have private email. Not for everyone as I needed it before I retired.

Why doesn't OCC look into providing email boxes for it's members at a reasonalbe cost?

I, for one, would like an OCC.COM email address. Would be neat.

Personally I like Outlook.com a lot more than I ever did Hotmail and it beats the crap out of Gmail.

+2

Well, that's really annoying. I actually liked my @live.com email too.  :wallbash:

Pretty sure you keep that part, mines still @hotmail.com

'bout time.

With the launch of outlook.com, Microsoft marked it's intention & future plan. in No way they could have managed (or bothered) to run two different mail servers at the same time.