Razer Sabertooth Reviewed

Bosco

I am always a sucker for new game controllers and the buttons on the back (where the lb/rb and lt/rt are placed) piqued my interest.

That price-tag is a bit too steep for my taste tho. ;_;

I am always a sucker for new game controllers and the buttons on the back (where the lb/rb and lt/rt are placed) piqued my interest.

Yeah, the MSRP is a bit high, but you can find it for as low as ~$65 USD...not sure about near you though :/

If you use a controller a lot, especially if you still use a 360, it's a little easier to stomach. But if not, then there are certainly much cheaper alternatives.

Yeah, the MSRP is a bit high, but you can find it for as low as ~$65 USD...not sure about near you though :/

If you use a controller a lot, especially if you still use a 360, it's a little easier to stomach. But if not, then there are certainly much cheaper alternatives.

i found one for 79.99 euro's (a whopping 102 dollars!!)

I'll skip this one lol

I'll skip this one lol

Guess you need to visit the US and bring one back with you ;):teehee:

I'll skip this one lol

Yeah, that 1000 euro plane ticket sure gives me a huge advantage! :lol:

Well I mean you can make a vacation out of it. I hear NY is lovely ;)

Good review Andrew :)

Well I mean you can make a vacation out of it. I hear NY is lovely ;)

If i had a 1000 euro to spare for a vacation then i think the 80 euro's for that controller shouldn't be a problem :P

Then again, my dream destination for a vacation is Japan and maaaybe America, if we can rally all the OCC staff to an event or place to hang out.

I am really de-railing this thread by a lot ain't i? xD

Speaking of de-railing, here is a reason to get to America (TURN the volume OFF!!!)

O.P Drag racing

Getting back to the joystick subject (giggity), I have the Razer Onza T.E edition. While I like the clicky ABXY keys, the D-pad and the joysticks get back to center more precisely than the original controller, they are not without fault with time. I have two of these (I really enjoy their features), one had a trigger problem where the contact got dirty and the other one's A buttons doubleclick on a single tap (bouncing problem).  Dropping rubbing alcohol over it fixed it, but I don't know for how long.  Plus the triggers have a squeaky noise when they have been under heavy use (racing games).

I wanted to know how you feel about the Sabertooth regarding those issues.

Thanks in advance Andrew!

Getting back to the joystick subject (giggity), I have the Razer Onza T.E edition. While I like the clicky ABXY keys, the D-pad and the joysticks get back to center more precisely than the original controller, they are not without fault with time. I have two of these (I really enjoy their features), one had a trigger problem where the contact got dirty and the other one's A buttons doubleclick on a single tap (bouncing problem).  Dropping rubbing alcohol over it fixed it, but I don't know for how long.  Plus the triggers have a squeaky noise when they have been under heavy use (racing games).

I wanted to know how you feel about the Sabertooth regarding those issues.

Thanks in advance Andrew!

Well I've only had the Sabertooth for roughly a month; I'd estimate about 20 hours of actual in-game use thus far.

Every button, trigger and stick have held up so far and no squeaky noise on the triggers, but it's a bit too early to tell if those issues will pop up. I never owned an Onza and only used it at events, so I can't compare its longevity to the Sabertooth, but the latter certainly feels like it's built better. That being said, the ABXY buttons are exactly the same as far as I know, so it'll be interesting if a "double-click" problem eventually occurs. Unfortunately, Razer doesn't provide any durability numbers (millions of clicks) on any of its products from what I can tell.