Handbrake

dr_bowtie

I got a hunch its more to do with the "tightness" of the boards bios... if the boards is geared for overclocking the looser the BIOS is...

We're talking computers still, right... and not women? :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're talking computers still, right... and not women? :P

+1 :lol:

I have never heard of this before... and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So... making a board more geared for overclocking involves reducing the CPUs overall performance in it via a "looser" BIOs? :blink:

Are you sure you aren't talking about RAM timings? I'm just confused. :wacko:

Even if that was the case, I really, really doubt it would effect your handbrake fps that much.

Edited by 90sgamer

nope those were tested... all good no errors.... I got a hunch its more to do with the "tightness" of the boards bios... if the boards is geared for overclocking the looser the BIOS is...thats wht I think the better boards are having a lower than normal score.... I plan to try and get a cheaper Biostar board to put the 1075t in and try it....and then swap in the other CPUs as well

I think you've officially lost your marbles. :lol:

no not really... I learned this back in the days of DFI... the SLI-DR boards were the highest clockers but the poorest performers stock...

To get to high clocks the board must Auto generate values to different things like Actual board frequencies, NB frequencies and then of coarse ram... I benched many boards and I found at the time an Asus little mATX to beat the SLI-DR in almost every aspect other than Overclocking potential... the Asus actually scored better at the boards Max of 230mhz fsb than the SLI-DR did at 280mhz fsb....

Make sense yet?

most of you that dont swap boards and do side by side comparisons wont see it... most of the time I just build another rig and pit it against what i already have... this is how I found out the difference...this is where Synthetic benchmarks really dont tell real world performance like real world applications we use like Handbrake...

Sure, but that only accounts for a small difference (a couple percent at most). You're talking about a difference of greater than 50% without taking into account that your CPU has 2 more cores.

Between the same chipsets though? Have you tried taking the HDD from the first system and sticking it into the "slow" system? The hardware is close enough it should boot without any issues.

You might try turning off Turbo Mode as well - I've heard it causes all sorts of issues on older chipsets (throttling when it shouldn't, etc).

It's also possible your board is throttling due to overheated or overloaded VRMs.

taking the hard drive and swapping it and seeing what happens is the next plan.

I know for a fact my board isnt over heating and throttling... her board gets twice as hot and almost hitting 80c on CPU temps... so heat isnt a factor here... Turbo is OFF on my CPU...

There's got to be something causing this...I'd be amazed it if were something in the BIOS unless there's a weird setting in there somewhere that's messed up. No manufacturer would release a BIOS with that much of a performance deficit...especially not on a high end board like that. That'd be like selling the board and telling people they'd be faster with a tri-core in another board than a six-core in this one.