What should never be bought used?

Prunes

What should never be bought used?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What PC component do you believe should be bought new anytime? And maybe post why.

• CPU
    • MOBO
    • GPU
    • HDD/SSD
    • Case
    • CPU Cooler
    • PSU
    • Watercooling
    • Fans

I am not sure anything listed here really qualifies as do not buy used. It all depends on the price and the quality plus condition of the part.

I couldn't agree more.  Maybe a case but not for the reason listed above.  Mainly because of the shipping cost.  Other than that I'm 100% down for a good deal on used components that have been well cared for.

Most people have voted for HHD/SSD. That was my thought as well. I might be paranoid, but I would never dare sell an HDD. If the buyer wants to find what's on your HDD, he can. Even though you have formatted it. 

Most people have voted for HHD/SSD. That was my thought as well. I might be paranoid, but I would never dare sell an HDD. If the buyer wants to find what's on your HDD, he can. Even though you have formatted it. 

There are many programs available that will completely wipe your hard drive of all data, google is your friend.

HDD/SSD. 

Next would be the PSU.

As for a case, why bother the are relatively cheap to start with.

Other than that I will take second hand stuff. Prefer free but have paid for things before,but only from people I know so far.

Secure erase my friend, secure erase.......................

There are plenty of free apps out there that will destroy your previous data for everyone except maybe a computer forensics expert.

SecureErase

HDDerase

Boot & Nuke

etc.

I'd say PSU and then harddrives...the other parts have much longer lifespans *typically*. But of course I still support buying them used if the price is right and they aren't too old (maybe still have some of their warranty left)

I was going to say condoms but....

I would still say Condoms, no but about it, also underwear!!!!

I bought a used car part off a car forum that I am a memebr of and the guy used some of the biggest women's panties I have ever seen as packing material as a joke. They were all new but the look on my wifes face when I opened the box was priceless. lol

• Like 2

I would never realy trust a used hdd myself, unless the price was realy good :)

then again if it where that good I would have doubts as to it's condition anyway lol.