Recommended Power Supplies List

Removed Tagan PipeRock II 680W - Questionable availability - no longer listed on Tagan website.

Removed Zalman ZM360-APS - Questionable availability - discontinued?

Removed Zalman ZM600-HP - Questionable availability - discontinued? (also, review was way back in 2006).

Added Warranty Information - lists length of manufacturer warranty. Added for nearly all units. Just a couple of question marks (if anyone can help fill those in, that would be great). Format shortened.

Edited by jammin

Added Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus - Review data here

Removed Tuniq Ensemble 1200W - Questionable availability - discontinued? (the only listing I found seems to suggest this)

Edited by jammin

• 2 weeks later...

Added Information Link in Intro - A Detailed Look Into PSUs by crmaris @ techPowerUp. A very nice article that looks at what a power supply does and how in detail. It should also be reasonably easy to follow without any prior knowledge (though some of the theory may be a little challenging).

Edited by jammin

Added Information Link in Intro - A Detailed Look Into PSUs by crmaris @ techPowerUp. A very nice article that looks at what a power supply does and how in detail. It should also be reasonably easy to follow without any prior knowledge (though some of the theory may be a little challenging).

:withstupid: Yeah I found that to be a good read as well!

• 5 months later...

I think this is one of those that could be implemented into the OCC Wiki page that I heard Dave taking about a few years ( :P ) back.

That way the few approved editors could collaborate on it and if one person didn't have time for the upkeep it could be done by someone else.

Either than or vBulletin needs to implement a way for a Google docs spreadsheet to be able to auto-update a forum post.

• 1 month later...

Proposal for a new PSU: The one that I bought after reading a few reviews.

Enermax NAXN 82+ 750w

Sources:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Enermax-NAXN-82+-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/1275/

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1234

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/05/04/enermax_naxn_750w_power_supply_unit_review/

All pass/recommend this PSU.

• 1 month later...

Tidied up the links to get the important ones working again.

Next step is going through and removing units that are no longer available / getting a bit old.

Glad to see you are still taking care of this list.

Judging by the 90,000 views I'm sure it has helped many people :).