Recommended Power Supplies List

• 3 weeks later...

Added Corsair HX650 - review data here - Would have been on there before, but only just tracked down a decent review.

Added Super Flower Golden King 550W - review data here - Basically the same as the Kingwin Platinum rated unit added recently.

Added Thortech Thunderbolt 1200W - review data here

Added OCZ ZX Series 850W - review data here

Added PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W - review data here

Added Silver Power SP-SS750M 750w - review data here

Removed OCZ Stealthxstream 600W - EOL (end of life)

Removed OCZ Fatal1ty 700W - EOL (end of life)

Edited by jammin

I have also been considering adding warranty length information to the list, in the format shown below.

Example:

- HX 650W - Warranty: 7yrs - Modular - 80Plus Bronze - Review

Is that be something you would consider useful enough to add?

Edited by jammin
  • Like 1

Awesome list, this is really helpful to people looking to buy a power supply for a new build or first time builders. Only thing I noticed that was missing is the Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W - I noticed you had the 850W in there though, so it doesn't matter all that much.

I have also been considering adding warranty length information to the list, in the format shown below.

Example:

- HX 650W - Warranty: 7yrs - Modular - 80Plus Bronze - Review

Is that be something you would consider useful enough to add?

Very useful, I don't think I'd even entertain a power supply unless it had at least 3 years warranty, shows a certain amount of confidence in the unit from the manufacturers don't you think?

I don't like giving you extra work but it would be useful, at least I think so, if you could list the number of PCI-E connectors perhaps in the format (PCI-E 6 Pin x 2, PCI-E 6+2 Pin x 0)? Perhaps just start this on any new additions?

Ok, thanks guys. I did think that it would be a good thing to add.

I agree it shows a certain amount of confidence in a product from those supporting it.

I'll get around to adding it to all the units at some point soon hopefully.

I don't like giving you extra work but it would be useful, at least I think so, if you could list the number of PCI-E connectors perhaps in the format (PCI-E 6 Pin x 2, PCI-E 6+2 Pin x 0)? Perhaps just start this on any new additions?

Yes, that could be another useful piece of information to add.

The only thing I am slightly concerned about, is adding too much information so that it becomes harder to read.

Shortening it to PCI-E: 6-Pin x 2 / 6+2-Pin x 2 for example might work better (shortening it further may make it harder to understand?).

Added XFX Core Edition Pro 450W - review data here and here

Added XFX Core Edition Pro 550W - review data here and here

Added Corsair TX750 V2 - review data here

Note that the XFX units haven't been added to the 80Plus website yet, so remind me to check for them again at a later date (I'm assuming XFX has submitted them and they will be added).

Edited by jammin

Removed NorthQ Giant Connector 850W - Questionable availability, plus plenty of newer, better options now available.

Edited by jammin

Removed BFG Technology - All Models - BFG are no longer trading

Removed Hiper - All Models - Hiper are no longer trading

Removed OCZ Z Series 850W - EOL (End Of Life)

Apologies for the oversight on my part there guys, both these companies went bust without me hearing about it at the time.

I have also added warranty length information for a good deal of the units listed now.

Do you think reducing the length of that info to simply the number of years would still be understandable?

For example, instead of:

- X-850W - Warranty: 5yrs - Modular - Quiet - 80Plus Gold - Review

It would look like this:

- X-850W - 5yrs - Modular - Quiet - 80Plus Gold - Review