Our OCC Roundup: Graphics Cards of 2007 is Posted

Nemo

Im not surprised by the results. I am however very surprised that there can be a "card of the year" review and have it leave out the definite Card of the Year: 8800GT. In fact both the 8800 series cards tested in this review were out in 2006. Way to go ATI, your performance can barely hang with Nvidia's 2006 hardware and were days away from 2008. And shame on person who put together this article, I havent heard this much spin since Hillary gave her speech defending Bill against Monica Lewinsky.

Edited by Blackened

Im not surprised by the results. I am however very surprised that there can be a "card of the year" review and have it leave out the definite Card of the Year: 8800GT. In fact both the 8800 series cards tested in this review were out in 2006. Way to go ATI, your performance can barely hang with Nvidia's 2006 hardware and were days away from 2008. And shame on person who put together this article, I havent heard this much spin since Hillary gave her speech defending Bill against Monica Lewinsky.

:withstupid: It's a little disappointing that the 8800GT wasn't included in this round-up.

But the 8800GT launched before the 3850, which not only participated, but won...

It may have launched before the 3850 but we were unable to get one before the deadline due to shortages :(

It may have launched before the 3850 but we were unable to get one before the deadline due to shortages :(

That makes sense. I'd say availability was the real reason.

Still a bummer though. I'd bet the 8800gt could win the "biggest-hype" award for any PC part this year period. But I'm a bit biased too, as I'd much rather have an nVidia card than ATi.

That makes sense. I'd say availability was the real reason.

Still a bummer though. I'd bet the 8800gt could win the "biggest-hype" award for any PC part this year period. But I'm a bit biased too, as I'd much rather have an nVidia card than ATi.

Different strokes for different folks. I would rather have the ATI as it can Fold if Stanford ever gets us a client....