ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Reviewed

Bosco

The little board that could :)

I was looking back at my invoices and see that I bought my first ASRock board in December of 2005. A socket 478 P4VM800 m-atx board that is still running today in my FTP server. I'd say that's pretty good service :)

I really like this motherboard.

If I were to build some z77 based pc, then this mobo will the right choice becuase it has all that I want at very low price (only 110$ at newegg)

Very good review as usual, thanks for sharing ;)

I was looking back at my invoices and see that I bought my first ASRock board in December of 2005. A socket 478 P4VM800 m-atx board that is still running today in my FTP server. I'd say that's pretty good service :)

What a coincidence!

My first asrock board was P4i45GV, which is still good, and sometimes I use it with P4 and celeron for benchmarking.

After the 478 board, I also bought ASRock socket 775 and X58 boards. They were all pretty decent boards. I fried the power circuit on one of the X58 boards but ASRock RMA was painless and they replaced the board without any questions or problems. I only bring this up as a testament to ASRock. I know a lot of people "look down" on ASRock as a cheap budget board, but personally I don't see them that way. I think they make some pretty good motherboards and you certainly can't beat the pricing/features/performance. I mean really, look at the benchmark performance of the $130 ASRock board versus the $330 Asus WS board. Very very close in almost everything. Of course the ASRock board isn't as feature rich as the WS board, and the warranty isn't as good either, but you can hardly go wrong at that price point.

Very nice review team.