Keyboard Mods

zackhaf

I was wondering if anyone may know of a way to swap keys and perhaps where to buy said keys from? I have the black on black Razer Arctosa, I quite like it, but its a bit difficult to see the keys at times.

You want to mod a keyboard then get the Deck Legend. They actually encourage modding on their forums with how-to posts and the warranty covers even with modding for the first year. You will pay more for the Legend but the individual lighting is the BEST backlighting I have ever seen on a keyboard and the dual injection molded keys means the letter will NEVER wear off.

Not sure why you would have gotten the Arctosa if you wanted to see the keys on your keyboard. It was designed to have hard to read keys, don't need to look to type. It'd be like buying a backlit keyboard and then complaining that it light up...

:teehee:

Not sure why you would have gotten the Arctosa if you wanted to see the keys on your keyboard. It was designed to have hard to read keys, don't need to look to type. It'd be like buying a backlit keyboard and then complaining that it light up...

:teehee:

Well, it was a gift, so i can't complain too much

Well, it was a gift, so i can't complain too much

Being a gift changes it up a bit. Unfortunately I wouldn't say there are too many mods available for the specific key type. It might be worth trying to sell and get something different if it isn't something you can adjust to. I've got the Razer lycosa (the light up version of the Arctosa with rubberized keys) and it's one of my favorite keyboards even still.

Are the blacked out keys all that really bother you with it?

Being a gift changes it up a bit. Unfortunately I wouldn't say there are too many mods available for the specific key type. It might be worth trying to sell and get something different if it isn't something you can adjust to. I've got the Razer lycosa (the light up version of the Arctosa with rubberized keys) and it's one of my favorite keyboards even still.

Are the blacked out keys all that really bother you with it?

Yeah, just the keys. I have a lamp set up so i can see the keys from the glare difference! I was thinking about selling it and getting the silver version, wont be too much price difference hopefully. And i am not wanting to pay a lot more just to have LEDs.

You could always just force yourself to learn to touch type. I've also got the arctosa in the house here -- fiance uses it on a regular basis...if you know your keys it's not much of a problem...

Yeah, just the keys. I have a lamp set up so i can see the keys from the glare difference! I was thinking about selling it and getting the silver version, wont be too much price difference hopefully. And i am not wanting to pay a lot more just to have LEDs.

The lycosa rubberised version is fair cheap at least when I grabbed it. The mirror version was much more expensive.

Up to you what you want to spend.

I mean you could buy vinyl dye and recolour and relabel all your keys if you wanted, now that would be quiet the mod.

However price wise if you can sell the arctosa black for an alright price and grab the silver version you should be fair happy.