Steam Greenlight Discussion Thread

ClayMeow

:lol:

Well, that at least shows that some of you really are worrying too much, that game literally only had about 100 or so views and was already reported and taken down, I would Valve are pretty much on top of things.

Not a deadlink for me. But downvoted

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think (especially with many hours of gameplay and money into their accounts) that people would've been more mature about this.

Perhaps this could be cleared and relaunched again with only certain people being able to rate games and a direct implication that banning/suspension will occur if you do not constructively add to this feature.

How do people act so immature with their own accounts?

Were they allowing anyone (even new accounts) to do the voting/game suggestions?

You would think (especially with many hours of gameplay and money into their accounts) that people would've been more mature about this.

Perhaps this could be cleared and relaunched again with only certain people being able to rate games and a direct implication that banning/suspension will occur if you do not constructively add to this feature.

How do people act so immature with their own accounts?

Were they allowing anyone (even new accounts) to do the voting/game suggestions?

I haven't tested it, but I'm going to assume that yes, you could create a new account and post a game within seconds. Yep, pretty stupid.

Well part of our prayers have been (partially) answered...

There is now a one-time fee of $100 to submit a game to Greenlight:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/32554/

Quite a bit more money than we expected. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think a cheaper per-submission fee would have kept out the trolls just as well, and I don't think many developers would be submitting ten games, so it would be cheaper for them.

im glad McPixel got the greenlight (pun unintentional). the other day i was reading about the dev giving away free codes on the pirate bay and the pirate bay actually promoting buying his game. and i wanted to support the guy for that.

black mesa was obviously going to be greenlit

That's what I'm talking about! :D

I love devs that take the high road when it comes to piracy. I'm sure to buy a copy of McPixel just for that reason alone. This reminds me of Zeno Clash, as I'm sure some here know, it's a big favorite of mine and part of the reason for that is that the devs actually went on The Pirate Bay and posted in the comments of a torrent how they understood and only ask that people show their support if they could. With that, I personally was deterred from pirating the game and even paid full price for it, and have bought several gift copies since then.

• 1 month later...