Can you laugh hard enough?

SpeedCrazy

Didn't I already metntion what happened when we freed Willy... LOL kueko rather (can't remember spelling) that orca dies of starvation. What's peta going to do. Follow the whale and feed it as needed.... lol

That is because they are trying to repopulate an endangered species. If I went around committing mass genocide and wiped out 80% of the human race, I guarantee you, you too would be just as active as shamu in order to shore up the human race.

Not really, even if you killed off 2 billion people, you pretty much just be evening things out, we wouldn't become an endangered species.

Didn't I already metntion what happened when we freed Willy... LOL kueko rather (can't remember spelling) that Dorcas dies of starvation. What's pets going to do. Follow the whale and feed it as needed.... lol

Don't make me go into that. The scientists who thought that was a good idea were total idiots and should be laughed out of the profession. That wasn't even a matter of whales or any hippy crap, that was just basic biology. The reason why whales dies in captivity is because their immune system becomes weakened. With fewer viruses and bacteria in the water, the white blood cell count is lowered and makes the whale prone to the few bacteria and viruses that the animal park can't filter out of the water.

However, imagine what happens when you take a practically sterilized whale and introduce it back into the water with all the nasty crap there. IT IS GOING TO GET SICK. This was the first mistake. Quite frankly just for this mistake alone, they should have renounced any degree they might have held. There were even three of the biologists who basically said what I am saying.

The second mistake was that they did very little to reintroduce it back into the wild. The general assumption was that Keiko would revert to its natural instinct to find food. Well that is just plain stupid. Even if they had made that assumption, they still could have trained the whale to hunt for it's eventual release back into the wild. Not to mention that because the whale was infected it had lost it's appetite to start with.

It was all the zoologists fault. The veterinarians from what I remember were saying that Keiko was not ready, and the biologists were saying that keiko was too domesticated. The zoologists thought that they didn't have any options because they were trying to release free willy when the orca's migrated to the local area. They were actually one day late, but thought that it would be compensated for because of an electrical storm..........it wasn't.

Basically Keiko died because no one knew what the hell they were doing, and they would not listen to the people who did know what they were doing. It was peoples ignorance that got it killed, not because the animal had become to pampered it became lazy.

However, this incident has lead to the creation of some of the practices for releasing animals back into the wild which has lead to a higher success rate. We wouldn't have needed a success rate at all though if we had just animals the .* alone though. :slap:

Wow. You are right. Holy crap.

Well.......we are screwed :lol:

We could just start eating each other. I wonder how humans taste? Also, what condiments would we use on ourselves? Would we be a delicacy or a staple food source? How about eating Irish peasant babies?

We could just start eating each other. I wonder how humans taste? Also, what condiments would we use on ourselves? Would we be a delicacy or a staple food source? How about eating Irish peasant babies?

I bet we Americans taste best of all, after all we're a mix of all kinds of spices. :D

Mustard Mayo pickles and onion between two slickers of Texas toast.

One might ask what I'm eating, I reply a double loaded Mexican cheese burger. LOL and don't get started on racial crap as I just picked one out of the bunch.

+1 This is messed up. If they get their way there will be a bunch of whales with more rights than probably a third of the worlds people.

Whaling is wrong, animal abuse is wrong. But giving them rights is not reasonable.

I have a Bible based world view so that may skew what i am saying from your point of view: I believe we are to be stewards of the earth, it is all under our dominion to use the archaism. Conservation is fine, preserving endangered species is fine, giving animals rights is not, if they were meant to be counted as our equals they would be. They are not, therefore there is no reason to pretend they are. I would put this in more biblical terms but i realize most of you would flame me off the site for that, so i am happy that this way my opinion will at-least be heard.

Bravo, well stated and I agree. On the subject of animal intelligence (specifically marine mammal intelligence) I think Flipper would do a better job as president than our current commander-in-chief.

I don't like fish tacos either....................... way off base.........................

• Like 1

Bravo, well stated and I agree. On the subject of animal intelligence (specifically marine mammal intelligence) I think Flipper would do a better job as president than our current commander-in-chief.

I don't like fish tacos either....................... way off base.........................

Unfortunately (for you) we live in America were the bible doesn't count as a good argument :P

I also think just about anything could have done a better job than Obama. I thought it was a shear disgrace when he accepted the nobel peace prize. Since then it was allllll downnnnn hil.

Unfortunately (for you) we live in America were the bible doesn't count as a good argument :P

I also think just about anything could have done a better job than Obama. I thought it was a shear disgrace when he accepted the nobel peace prize. Since then it was allllll downnnnn hil.

That's what the said about the last guy. "Oh there's no way the next guy could be as bad as this guy!"

Seriously, if your own goal for the next guy is to not be as bad as the last guy, you're doing it wrong and probably shouldn't vote. :teehee:

Realistically speaking, Obama isn't that bad, he's nothing special but he didn't blow up the moon either. For someone being handed a really bad situation, I would say he's doing okay. Mostly because he seems to acknowledge that the country is in some deep crap and no matter how hard he tried, he wouldn't be able to turn it around within his presidency and so why not just take advantage of it and have a bunch of vacations? To me, that's being pretty darn realistic about the situation, I don't like it but at least it's realistic, though I still prefer a dreamer like Ron Paul any day, but that's not going to happen so we really need to give dolphins the same rights as us. That way dolphins can serve in our military and can take over Greece while it's tearing itself apart anyway.

well according to people who had to eat others to survive (plane crash in canada or something) human tastes like pork, so i think mustard would suffice