Upgrade. GTX 480 vs GTX 650Ti OC Boost?

Hexalude

i dont get why people say the gtx 480 is loud, i have owned one for over a year (sadly it died on me) and i never thought it was loud :S

well i did have the zotac amp edition with an aftermarket cooler on it, but then again, wouldnt anyone buy one with an aftermarket cooler?

people say it performs around 5% to 10% worse than the gtx 480 while the performance of my card was well above that (7870myst 10%oc/gtx 660ti 10%oc)

maybe because of the light overclock i had on it (stock 700mhz, zotac was 756mhz, mine was 800mhz core, stock 1900 memory, mine was 2000) but i doubt it will get whole new levels of performance of just 100mhz overclock.

i have and still suggest you wait for the november sale of nvidia and get a gtx 760 or go to the amd camp and get a similar performance 7950 for a good price.

the performance increase will be notable and it still is energy efficient.

Edited by WarWeeny

My GTX 480 was nVidia reference card build and design.  It was hot and it was loud.  That is why I predicated the opening sentence in my post with "Not sure how noisy the MSI GTX 480 is"

Nothing wrong with the GTX 480s, they were and still are great cards, just getting a little long in the tooth.