Accelero Xtreme Plus VGA Cooler from Arctic Cooling Evaluated

Nemo

Nice, I've got the 5970 version of this cooler and its awesome . Cools better than my reference cooler at 100% fan without all the noise ! This is a great review on a great cooler !

that looks amazing, too bad about the 3 fans, i have a s1 and use it with just on slow 120 fan and it cools great, i would love to have a similar solution for my next card.

Nice review!

Why is the Zalman VF3000A on High giving 23C at idle and on Low 22C at idle? Worse so for the Load test, with High getting 53C and Low getting 46C? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I wish there was a graph of dba levels. What do you think was quieter, the Accelero Xtreme Plus or the Zalman VG3000A?

Nice review!

Why is the Zalman VF3000A on High giving 23C at idle and on Low 22C at idle? Worse so for the Load test, with High getting 53C and Low getting 46C? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I wish there was a graph of dba levels. What do you think was quieter, the Accelero Xtreme Plus or the Zalman VG3000A?

Ya it might be a typo everyone is getting used to the new graphs still :lol:

I will have it checked.

Could we please get the results for the memory temps as well...at least? Seeing as core temps are beginning to become irrelevant, and the only reason for aftermarket cooling is for overclocking, seeing what to expect with temperature over the ENTIRE card is pretty relevant.

With a cooling solution like the VR001, with ramsinks you cannot remove after applying, I would really like to know what im getting myself into before I buy.

Honestly surprised that a source like OCC is so lazy as not to post these temperatures. They matter.

Could we please get the results for the memory temps as well...at least? Seeing as core temps are beginning to become irrelevant, and the only reason for aftermarket cooling is for overclocking, seeing what to expect with temperature over the ENTIRE card is pretty relevant.

With a cooling solution like the VR001, with ramsinks you cannot remove after applying, I would really like to know what im getting myself into before I buy.

Honestly surprised that a source like OCC is so lazy as not to post these temperatures. They matter.

Damn, a very critical first post! Someone really wants an Accelero Xtreme Plus VGA Cooler. :P

Damn, a very critical first post! Someone really wants an Accelero Xtreme Plus VGA Cooler. :P

Hey man, technically I complimented them. OCC has always been a great source for info on hardware and aftermarket mods, for me at least. Literally surprised they dont care about other temperatures.

And it aint the Xtreme Plus, its the VR001 ramsink set I care about. I just happen to have a Twin Turbo Pro laying around.

If nobody ever criticized anything in this world, still be hunting with arrows :P

Edited by Eyelegal

• 1 month later...

Have now tried it myself and can guarantee the thermal adhesive provides great thermal connection. Tried it on my 6870's VRegs and it decreased idle temp from 35-30c and load 55-44c. Though the real gain was in the memory under the twin turbo pro, using its thermal tape ramsinks(applied properly this time) decreased ram load temps from 83c to 51c, not a bad improvement. Xtreme plus is definitely on its way now.