Build Help! LGA 1155 vs 2011!

hahaha ill be honest i dont have a solid reason at all, its just a personal preference...ive always thought of intel to be more reliable and feel better about buying their hardware...no point in buying stuff im not going to feel good about having in my system

I felt the same way to....until I saw intels prices for there I7 lineup(which I wanted to upgrade to). 1000 dollars for there six-core CPU? I don't think so Intel. So now I am AMD all the way! :thumbsup:

I think you meant 1155 cpus right? :)

The pricing pain point is really between the 2600k and say the i7 950/930 cpus. That's why the 2500k is such a sweet deal. Around $229 last time I checked, and the only thing you really lose is a few tenths of stock Ghz and hyperthreading. You can easily overclock the 2500k to the same levels as the 2600k is capable of - so the only real loss is hyperthreading. $100 bucks for HT sounds like a pretty premium to me.

If you're set on socket 1155 save yourself some money and just get the 2500k instead of the 2600k.

:withstupid:

usually the 2500K's overclock a little further so that they'll perform better in almost every situation, unless the HT is 100% utilized. The 2500K is far more worthwhile

im thinkin of moving to intel 2600k from amd, but to the OP... AMD r an awesome bunch.. only reason im gona move, is because bulldozer is taking too long.. AMD over clock like champs and more than powerful enough for anything as anyone would tell u and on top of that, are far cheaper. mines been to the moon n back in terms of overclocking and all on air and its been perfect.. never missed a beat. totally reliable..

So like the other guy said, u should re think ur buying habits because ur lack of a solid reason is frustrating... "i wont buy anything other than the best because i dont know why" i get customers like u all the time and they frustrate me coz u have no idea what ur missing out on

I think you meant 1155 cpus right? :)

The pricing pain point is really between the 2600k and say the i7 950/930 cpus. That's why the 2500k is such a sweet deal. Around $229 last time I checked, and the only thing you really lose is a few tenths of stock Ghz and hyperthreading. You can easily overclock the 2500k to the same levels as the 2600k is capable of - so the only real loss is hyperthreading. $100 bucks for HT sounds like a pretty premium to me.

If you're set on socket 1155 save yourself some money and just get the 2500k instead of the 2600k.

yea if i go 1155 it will DEFINITELY be 2500k....and what i meant originally was i wanted to know if there were any 1156 that were better than the 1366 cpu's so it would give me an idea on whether there would be any 1155 better than the 2011....because i noticed that there were some 1156 cpu's that were more expensive than 1366, so i thought that may be the reason. the 2500k definitely is a freakishly sweet deal though haha, i will most likely be going for that unless the price premium isnt that much.....but by the sounds of it its going to be atleast a $200-300 price difference (MOBO +CPU i mean)? will the 2500k be able to handle kepler and maybe maxwell in the future?