mobo/cpu vs SSD vs GPU upgrade

Il_napoletano

Yes K denotes unlocked unit.

The 2500K and 2550K are identical but the 2550K has it's iGPU disabled. I know you might think it would translate to a lower temp but it doesn't so my advice is to stick with the 2500K :thumbsup:

That RAM would work but I'd suggest getting a 1600mhz RipjawsX or Sniper instead.

Yes K denotes unlocked unit.

The 2500K and 2550K are identical but the 2550K has it's iGPU disabled. I know you might think it would translate to a lower temp but it doesn't so my advice is to stick with the 2500K :thumbsup:

That RAM would work but I'd suggest getting a 1600mhz RipjawsX or Sniper instead.

I think it would be a waste of money to get other RAM. Photoshop needs big amounts of RAM and you won't see any real world difference between 1600 and 1333.

OP I suggest buying the 2500k (who knows when you might need that integrated gpu) and stick to the RAM you have. They will run just fine on that mobo.

I think it would be a waste of money to get other RAM. Photoshop needs big amounts of RAM and you won't see any real world difference between 1600 and 1333.

OP I suggest buying the 2500k (who knows when you might need that integrated gpu) and stick to the RAM you have. They will run just fine on that mobo.

ok...I'll start looking around for one....

thanks all for your input