Crossfire flashed HD Radeon 6950 or upgrade graphics cards?

Yea, new things for PCs come out quick. I remember when I got my 6950, it wasn't a month later before they had the 7000 series coming out. Granted, the equivalent was 400$ more... By the looks of it I may just stick with what I got till I run it into the dirt or it can't keep up. By then, hopefully crossfire will be fixed and I can do that to linger on a little longer before upgrading to probably the 9000 series by then.

Unlockable 6950's are a tough sell right now since there is no guarentee unless you get a pic that shows the screen and card in the same system. I had a couple that would and many more that did not.

Right now Crossfire is not that appealing a technology. If they get their drivers fixed as the release at the end of this month is supposed to do  then it might be a viable option. Until then a single upper end card from AMD or a pair of SLI's NVIDIA cards would work great.

As an aside I do have a factory water cooled HD 7970 for sale. ( I know its a shameless plug but what can you do! LOL)