Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler Reviewed

Bosco

Just read the review, good one Waco, I really can't see anyone running out to buy this cooler when you can get a water cooler for the same  price with better performance. :no:

Yep... it's funny that a quick look at Newegg shows the COOLER MASTER Seidon 240M is $2 cheaper than the V8 GTS. It's for the niche market of people that buy stuff based on looks I guess lol

Major flop. First that ugly headset and now this crappy cooler? Ouch, CM. I expect much better from you guys! Thank god your keyboards are still badass!

:withstupid: ...

Yup...expensive, hard to mount, and lackluster performance. I hated it! :lol:

Too much cursing, and near breaking of things from...someone...(don't know who that would be :rolleyes:)

This thing is a definite  :down: and don't think it will have a loving home -- if it can even find a home. :(

Yup...expensive, hard to mount, and lackluster performance. I hated it! :lol:

In its defense, the hard to mount issue didn't bother me as I've always installed all my CPU heatsinks outside of cases. It certainly helps when my current case has a removable motherboard tray, but even when I used to build rigs for work, I always attached the heatsink outside of the case. IMO, it's not only easier, but it's safer as well. I don't agree with you about the worry of the added weight when inserting the motherboard into the case because you should be doing that on its side anyway, not with the case actually standing.

Yes, that means if you're replacing an existing heatsink, you'd have to disconnect all the cables and GPU, but it's honestly a lot easier to do that then fuss with installing it directly in the case :P

But that's the ONLY thing I can defend this garbage about - the stuff that actually matters (cooling, price) is unforgivable.

On the official product page, it actually looks pretty sweet all lit up. Waco, any reason you didn't take photos with it running?

You have no idea how pissed of I was at it after getting it mounted. It slipped my mind entirely.

It's not actually translucent though - just black plastic. I can take a shot of it running if you want. :cheers:

Also - at over 2 pounds - I don't want to move and position a board in a case with that much on it. :)