When can we expect the X79 successor?

When can we expect this? The naming convention went X58,X79 so I am guessing X100? What do you guys think? Thanks!

Edited by uneedav8

not anytime soon, Intel already put 8/12 core cpus in the x79 timeline , 8core in Q4 of this year. The 2011 socket is intel server platform also so it's not going away for at lest another 4-5 years.

Edited by hornybluecow

not anytime soon, Intel already put 8/12 core cpus in the x79 timeline , 8core in Q4 of this year. The 2011 socket is intel server platform also so it's not going away for at lest another 4-5 years.

There is no roadmap stating this and when the shrink the die, the socket will be dead.

the leaked roadmap is around the web for a while, saw it on anandtech

Seriously, you think LGA2011 will go past Haswell? It's Intel. It won't. DDR4 will be out  then....

Edited by Drdeath

it will beacuse it's intel server socket. It will be around for a long time because it's very bad business to drop support on enterprise market. THe Haswell is just another cusomer socket which could easily go the way of the 1156 (lasted less than a year).  we will just have to see if the haswell will be faster. My bet is it's going to be around the same speed as the current 2011s and will be the genie pig of DDR4.

it will beacuse it's intel server socket. It will be around for a long time because it's very bad business to drop support on enterprise market. THe Haswell is just another cusomer socket which could easily go the way of the 1156 (lasted less than a year). we will just have to see if the haswell will be faster. My bet is it's going to be around the same speed as the current 2011s and will be the genie pig of DDR4.

This. :)

And that is why I buy the server grade stuff. :rofl:

And that is why I buy the server grade stuff. :rofl:

It doesn't always buy you a ton of time...but that one last CPU upgrade can really make it worth it sometimes.

it will beacuse it's intel server socket. It will be around for a long time because it's very bad business to drop support on enterprise market. THe Haswell is just another cusomer socket which could easily go the way of the 1156 (lasted less than a year).  we will just have to see if the haswell will be faster. My bet is it's going to be around the same speed as the current 2011s and will be the genie pig of DDR4.

You hit the main point, mate!