NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570 Reviewed

Bosco

Sweet card, price is just right for it. A tad more expensive than a 480 but performs a tad better while being more efficient!

This makes me more excited about the 560, hopefully AMD will bring some competition with the 6900s....

500 series has been great so far

So, I kind of want the GTX 570. Yet I also want to wait and see what the AMD 6900 series has to offer. Great review Frank!

I'd wait for the price drop insanity when all is out together (in the meantime overclock that X6 more!! :P)

Great review, but I'm also not liking the non-overclockability. :(

Legit Reviews got it to 825MHz, though... but still.

Like I said is this card indicative of the whole batch of cards? Most likely not I may have gotten a monday or friday build as it was just not gonna happen any higher than 800MHz for me. Some games would pass at the higher clocks but not all of them so Its not a 100% stable clock speed. I can pass AvP and 3DVantage with the higher clocks but trying Crysis Warhead or Unigine ends with a reset. Even so the reference 580 I tested was on the low end of the spectrum but the ASUS version with its Voltage tweak software pushed that 580 to 962Mhz on the same core so the potential is there.

Like I said is this card indicative of the whole batch of cards? Most likely not I may have gotten a monday or friday build as it was just not gonna happen any higher than 800MHz for me. Some games would pass at the higher clocks but not all of them so Its not a 100% stable clock speed. I can pass AvP and 3DVantage with the higher clocks but trying Crysis Warhead or Unigine ends with a reset. Even so the reference 580 I tested was on the low end of the spectrum but the ASUS version with its Voltage tweak software pushed that 580 to 962Mhz on the same core so the potential is there.

Still, the HD 6870's came out the same way in reviews, and a lot of people out there aren't getting much more than ~50MHz core clock increases at stock voltages, or getting more than ~120 MHz core clock increases at higher voltages. I think it's great in a way, that just means they really optimized the ability of the cards.

I can understand that but the 580 is knocking it out of the park when you throw some voltage at it. The 580 and 570 use the same core just with some hardware disabled on the 570. But then again there is the bell curve........

I'd wait for the price drop insanity when all is out together (in the meantime overclock that X6 more!! :P)

Well, yeah, of course I'd get one after the price drops. But then I don't want to end up like you and be constantly waiting for new gear at low prices and then suddenly that gear is outclassed by the new latest and greatest. :P:lol:

And hush about OCing it more. I'll ramp it up to 4GHz once my finals are over and actually have time to game.

Well, yeah, of course I'd get one after the price drops. But then I don't want to end up like you and be constantly waiting for new gear at low prices and then suddenly that gear is outclassed by the new latest and greatest. :P:lol:

LMAO!

:snap:

:rofl: So much win!!!!!

I like the fact that it sits at, if not above, the performance level of the GTX480...for damn near $100 less haha.