Rebate Success Thread 2014

IVIYTH0S

Tiger Direct Rebate

PNY Flash Drive $30MIR ($20+$10 American Express Gift Cards)

**Time Frame**

Jan 24th - Mailed
Feb 3rd - Received for processing  (10 days)
Feb 14th - Received $20 Rebate Card 1/2 (21 days)
Feb 24th - Received $10 Rebate Card 2/2 (31 days)

**Quoted vs Actual**

Just over 4 weeks, they said 5-8. So better than expected and 100% successful

**Ease of Rebate Submission*

Pretty easy, most is electronic so all you need to do manually is sign, date, and paste the UPC of the product. Easy peasy!

I guess keep this format for any new rebate success experiences so we all know the score, try to keep them recent but even some later 2013 rebates can be mentioned.

This thread is to serve as an indication of speediness and positive recommendations of doing rebates for certain places

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I have never, in my life, EVER remembered to mail in a rebate or a mail in warranty. 

I have also bought something specifically because it had a mail in rebate so I could save money by mailing it in. Many times actually.

They make mail in rebates for people like me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger Direct Rebate

PNY Turbo 128GB Flash Drive $80MIR ($20+$60 American Express Gift Cards)

**Time Frame**

Feb 14th - Mailed
Feb 25th - Received and processed  (11 days)
Mar 8th - Received $20 Rebate Card 1/2 (22 days)
Mar 22nd - Received $60 Rebate Card 2/2 (36 days)

**Quoted vs Actual**

Just over 5 weeks, they said 5-8. So I'm still happy with just in the lower end of their projected time with everything coming back 100% paid out!

**Ease of Rebate Submission*

Pretty easy, most is electronic so all you need to do manually is sign, date, and paste the UPC of the product. The Total Defense Rebate took a little bit more romancing since you had to make an account, activate the subscription, have the rebate processed and then remember to cancel the automatic renewal. But I just set an alarm so I wouldn't forget, I'll gladly recommend this kind of reward to anyone who wants to get a nice fat $60 rebate on something qualifying.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Sent out for my rebate from staples.

It states 4 to 6 weeks.

We shal wait.

You say sent out...I assume you did it online.  If so then yes you will get it.  if you mailed it in good luck.  The only time I ever had to help a customer with rebate issues in  nearly 4 years at Staples were they times someone mailed one in.  That company has by far the BEST rebate system around, if you have a computer, internet and can follow basic directions you're golden.  Time frame however will fall on who's rebate it is, HP's 8-10 laptop rebates usually take ~9 weeks many of the Staples sponsored ones are around 4 week turn around though.  

As for me, I've got a fresh pile of rebates to send off.  I'm in the middle of tracking down what happened to the $15 one late last year when I bought the GA-Z87X-UD5H.  So far the trend I've had of needing to fight for over half the rebates on Newegg continues for me.