Pros and Cons of multi display

fahad619

I will be the lone wolf here.  I have two but only keep 1 on because if I'm chatting while I am gaming it is via voice chat and the only time I cared to see the interface is when 20+ people were in the lobby and I didn't recognize all the voices.   I don't like to keep too much software when I'm gaming as I'm very sensitive to latency delays.

So the only time I actually really like two displays is when I'm doing actual work.  If I was still building websites/forums for a living I would be loving both displays.  Now I'm just thankful I picked a display with resolution so I can do window mode 1920x1080 gaming on a 1920x1200 monitor.  If I do want to run a monitor program the extra 120 pixels is enough to show whatever critical information I want to see.

I'm a fan of 16:10 IPS displays, but not really a fan of multi-displays (unless I'm doing work then more the better) at home.

+1, I HATE that the new standard is 16:9...16:10 is the best aspect ratio IMHO! Though my next monitor will likely be a 27" 2560x1440 IPS (from a 24" 1920x1200 TN) since it's still an improvement on ppi nonetheless and as screens get bigger the 16:10->16:9 difference is less noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

I love having the 2nd monitor, great for having a web page open on the 2nd screen for referance as well as a voip client open (mumble) so I can see who's talking while gamming (and yea we often have 15+ on at any given time). it's difficult to function without the extra monitor... one for referance and the other for working :)

I run 2x 1920x1200 displays (ones a 24" the other is a 23")

I have 3 monitors for my home setup, one for TV, one for gaming and one for web. The only cons are price and having to upgrade your GPU's more often and always having 2 GPU's.

I have 3 monitors for my home setup, one for TV, one for gaming and one for web. The only cons are price and having to upgrade your GPU's more often and always having 2 GPU's.

You don't really need two GPU's...

Forgot to mention that I have my TV running off my PC as well, I don't count it as a monitor but it does require another GPU. 

Only two real drawbacks for a dual monitor setup.

1) Cost, you are paying for a second monitor after all.

2) Desk Space, some people just do not have the space for a second monitor.

Forgot to mention that I have my TV running off my PC as well, I don't count it as a monitor but it does require another GPU. 

But, it should require only a TV Tuner card, and you can attach it to any existing GPUs you have for gaming.