Buy Windows 8 NOW!

VaporX

I also saw that announcement at Microsoft blog.

Although I've got my copy from DreamSpark account, if I were a normal user using Win7, I would have never upgraded to win8. I used win 8 for ~ 3 weeks in vmware and 4 days as a test host OS. Never used after that. It... sucks...

i never saw the ''upgrade'' from 7 to 8

the interface was the biggest letdown, then not compatible with 90% of the games and programs i have was the nail in the coffin.

i dont get why microsoft wants this out so badly for the pc, i get the all interfaces are the same be it laptop,tabled or pc but it doesnt work for regular pc's without touchscreens.

i thought windows blue would have the same interface as windows 7 but i was wrong on that after i read some comments here.

heck i even saw some shops giving downgrades from windows 8 to 7 xD

if there is a bussiness in that then that means something right? :P

then not compatible with 90% of the games and programs

Theres always going be some incompatability issues when migrating to a new OS but 90% is OTT, I had some 80+ games installed previously and the only thing that gave me installation issues was Bioshock (the original).

That's where compatibility mode comes in handy though..

but obviously if you need your programs for professional work and support is limited then "upgrading" is a no go.

Windows 8 has a lot of issues with the 600 series Nvidia drivers and some AMD beta drivers , plus it's not compatible with many games , as a gamer i'm not planning on EVER upgrading to 8 , EVER :P

Okay I am running three systems all with various 600 series video cards in the house right now and NONE of them have had a driver issue. As for not working with many games, define many as every game I have works perfect.

• Like 1

then not compatible with 90% of the games and programs

Theres always going be some incompatability issues when migrating to a new OS but 90% is OTT, I had some 80+ games installed previously and the only thing that gave me installation issues was Bioshock (the original).

That's where compatibility mode comes in handy though..

but obviously if you need your programs for professional work and support is limited then "upgrading" is a no go.

granted 90% is a bit out of proportions xD

but i saw some benchies somewere that the perfomance isnt as good as windows 7 in games

could be different now ofcourse, been like half a year when i looked it up.