Looking at new mouse for MMO

suedenim

I bought GW2 recently and have really been enjoying the short time playing. So much so that I'm considering upgrading from my 4 button wheel mouse to see if I can improve my toolbar slickness. The RAT 7 M.M.O caught my eye but rather than just drop

What I have been considering is a Razer Naga Hex. Have loved my Deathadder v2 and am interested in using the Naga Hex. Don't think I would be able to use more than the dedicated 6 buttons so no need for more excessive things like the Naga Epic although I have given the RAT 7 MMO some thought.

The wife and I play GW2 right now as well and Quite happy with the Logitech G500 In World of Warcraft I used it for my Mage and Prot Warrior  3 Buttons at thumb and 3 clicks at mouse wheel (left center and right) also was enough for me. So 6 is all I have ever used or needed extra for MMORPG's and Shooters I also played Everquest from  the start when 50 was max level and Nagafen and Vox were the badass bosses in EQ and the Trolls still resided in Grobb.

LOL Grobb Skwad ( all Troll guild)  Raids on Queynos  those were the days! ":Bashun da vendors and bankers and quest givers"

I used to have the Razer Naga, great mouse. I found it fun in FPS's it was great just to push a button on the side of the mouse to switch weapons. Never really used it to play MMO's though. I also found it great in RTS's too, used the buttons there to select groups of units and was able to move between groups really quickly and easily.

A friend of mine has the regular R.A.T. and loves it, for me when I bough my latest mouse a Razer Deathadder it was a tossup for me between that and the R.A.T.

Edited by RimX

so you're not considering getting an actual good mouse and using the completely functional keyboard numbers?

the rat7 and a lot of the razer mice have a notoriously crappy sensor - philips twin-eye. You can read all about it on the interwebs. So just go for something Logitech or Steelseries. They have much better products overall but always check for the sensor. It's the most important part of the mouse.

Edited by sack_patrol