New Laptop Problem (I want to get rid of windows 8)

Sworn_Vendetta

So I got a new laptop yesterday which obviously had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I tried using it for the last day (Its only for uni so I figured I could get use to it) and came to the conclusion that I hate windows 8 and it must go. So I threw my windows 7 disc into the laptop changed the boot priorities and figured I would just run the disc and format the disc then instal windows 7. The problem being that it wont load my windows 7 disc, at first it would get to the starting windows screen and would just freeze with the 4 coloured dots on the screen. I tried a few things (there was nothing plugged into it), I opened and closed the disc drive (I read somewhere that, that might help) and then I read that it might be a PSU problem and then I realised I didnt have my psu plugged in so I shut the laptop down plugged the psu in and then booted it up again. This time however it decided to ignore my boot priorities and to just load straight into windows 8. I finally managed to get it to boot from disk but it keep saying it fails to read the media.

What I want to know is, if I was to format the disc THEN install windows 7 will this fuck anything up? I have never owned a laptop before and I was a young child when I last owned a prebuilt pc so Ive never reinstalled windows on a prebuilt pc before.

Just so you know, if you are using an upgrade disk, you will not be able to activate Windows 7 on a previously formatted drive (unless you do it twice to override the restriction)

You do know that just putting on Start8 would have given you your Windows 7 experience without this mess right???

Even with the fake start button win8 is crap , I can barely use it for browsing the web and forget any real work like photoshop or 3d apps . It just takes and dump and turns into windows ME. I would replace win 8 also if It was a easy switch . I feel bad for the op having issues just trying to switch .

Sorry, yes I disabled secure boot. I should have mentioned this. My apologies.

Wired. It shouldn't happen.

May be you should try installing win 7 using USB diskette?Just to see what happens?

Yhe easiest way to to grab the MS Boot Tool and a spare flash drive... the boot tool will format the drive an load the ISO to it...

you can get the Upgraded ISO (SP1) at mydigitallife... I grab the cheap Sandisk Cruser flashdrives from Walmart and use those and they always work...