Social Life

I worked out if you want to keep friends don't ever end up in a relationship with one of your mates sisters.

+1.

You brought a good point to mind: If you can't make your own friends; Leech someone else's. You have a brother or sister who you have a night on the town with? Worked for me when I was young, just borrow my brother's friends lol.

I've never been a super social kind of guy nor am I scared of other people. When I was primary school, the guys in my class stuck together and we didn't really meet others from my town. We were about 10 guys, who did everything together. Played WoW for 36h straight, trolled around in my city and just had an awesome childhood. We then went on to different schools and most of us don't really talk that much anymore, except for when we meet around town. I do have one real good friend though. We share lots of interests and yet we're different in so many aspects. Sometimes we are hang out 3 days in a row, sometimes we don't see each other for 2 weeks.

The new school I go to, people are way different from how I am, and I simply can't find anyone who's best friend material. I'm attending a high school with business in mind, which is far from where I want to end up, since I'm hoping to go into electronics and such. A single choice meant that I'll have to wait till uni before I can really begin to meet people that share the same interests as I do.

I know what I just wrote above is horribly compossed, but the moral is, like many have prosposed, to go to a school/take classes that interests you, since there is more likely to like minded classmates. Find clubs where people share the same interests as you etc. And for the love of (insert religious/important figure) please don't discard people just because you seem to share no common interests. Once you get to know people, you often share many interests! And you don't always have to agree, cause that just make the friendship boring, imo.