What's inside your H-100

Braegnok

I started putting together a new Folding Rig today, using mostly some of my old hardware. And wanted to use the Corsair H-100, that I bought new 10 months ago. But the water block base does not clear the compasitors. So I thought no big deal I will just add a copper shim to the block with silver and red gold rod. After taking apart the block to fuse the shim on, The inside of the system was full of gunk, chunks of what looks like black mold. That's Crazy, I would not have thought so much gunk would be in a 10 month old sealed system. :whoa: But I cleaned, flushed everything and added the shim, refilled and I think it will last another 10 months.

Edited by Braegnok

Yes, it surprised me to see what was inside. The outside of radiator was spotless clean, I use filters on all intakes and always had cooler in a 600T case blowing out the top. I changed processors 3 times from E8600, Q6800, Q9550 over the 10 months use. And temps were about the same with a high end air cooler. That's why I switched to a custom loop for the last system and put the H-100 on the shelf, But it is working great now temps are 34c idle and 50c load with a Q9550 EO running @ 3.4 GHz. I'm not Shure what that gunk did to the pump or how long the pumps last, but I'm going to change cooler to a air cooler, so I can fold 24/7 and not worry about it failing while I'm at work or sleeping.

I think water cooling is only worth it if you go for a high end custom loop, otherwise you might as well run it on air.

Switching from a full water cooled setup to a h100 . I'm so much more happy for simliar performance at 1/6th the cost

I dont get the second graph, is that suppose to be a custom setup?

First is with the H-100, the second is with the Phanteks cooler. I.E H-100 isn't worth it. $20 less, about the same performance, and no pain of dealing with water cooling.

Edited by l33t p1mp

ah, I was more or less saying any of these all in one systems are much better deal if you are only going for mid oc and not water cooling cards. If it comes down to it i'll get the corsair over another brands because I don't know how long the other brands last. people still are saying their h50s are working after 4 years (or when it launched 2009?)

Edited by hornybluecow