The Origin Great Game Guarantee

ClayMeow

They would have to fix a few things about Origin before I would consider buying anything.

I had BF3 gifted to me so I have an Origin account.  I played for a while then ended up putting together a whole new computer.  Due to this, I reinstalled Windows 7 rather than trying to migrate to the new hardware.  I had my Origin install on another partition, so I simply tried launching Origin from the other partition once I reinstalled Windows.  It wouldn't launch, which was kind of expected.  I reinstalled Origin then overwrote the fresh install with my old folder, like I have done countless times with Steam.  Origin launched but showed my game as not installed.  I ended up having to download BF3 again.  If I had had a whole library to download, I would not have been happy.  I tried searching online for a way around this but came up with nothing.  I also ran into other problems, though I can't remember quite what they were as it was some time ago.

Great new feature from Origin!  Kudos.

Not sure why so many people hate on Origin though.  Other than their servers occasionally going down at the worst time (like prime gaming hours) I've never had much complaint with Origin.  You can disable Origin in-game if you want.  I've got a good internet connection, so even downloading a fresh copy of a game in my library doesn't take that long.

Great new feature from Origin!  Kudos.

Not sure why so many people hate on Origin though.  Other than their servers occasionally going down at the worst time (like prime gaming hours) I've never had much complaint with Origin.  You can disable Origin in-game if you want.  I've got a good internet connection, so even downloading a fresh copy of a game in my library doesn't take that long.

I've got a monthly data cap (which I exceed quite often) so I try to avoid unnecessary downloading.

This has actually been around a while.

I bought Battlefield 3 off of Origin back when it was released.

I absolutely hated it.. I was attempting to get back into FPS PC games and.. yeah.. Did not go well..

Anyways I ended emailing Origin and telling them I was unhappy with the game and they gave me a total refund on the game.

This was like 1 or 2 years ago. I guess all you had to do was ask.

The funny thing too is I can still play BF3.

This has actually been around a while.

I bought Battlefield 3 off of Origin back when it was released.

I absolutely hated it.. I was attempting to get back into FPS PC games and.. yeah.. Did not go well..

Anyways I ended emailing Origin and telling them I was unhappy with the game and they gave me a total refund on the game.

This was like 1 or 2 years ago. I guess all you had to do was ask.

The funny thing too is I can still play BF3.

That's pretty awesome. And it also alludes to one of the many reasons it's just idiotic EA was ever voted "worst company" - from what I've heard, they've always had very good customer service...certainly way better than Valve/Steam.