Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Onion

We don't have Black Friday in my country.

Just let me ask you "Did you kill anybody to get your desired items?"

I just saw a video of people acting like animals and runing over other people.. this is plain stu.pid.. also $60 for SSD 120gb doesn't is 50% of the actual price? I don't see why people act like animals for 50% discount. As if electronics werent cheap enough in USA...... it was pathetic.. let me show you the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_dIBL4tYQPI

I didn't act like an animal. :lol: I stayed up until 3 am, bought two SSDs on Newegg and then I went to bed. :lol: Saved like 120 bucks. Worth staying up a couple hours. :P

Most of those people simply enjoy the experience really. It's kind of like when you go to a rock concert, a lot of people simply go for the mosh pit. If they look like a bunch of animals to you, then they probably are.

People died. I saw videos of people running over people. Even in concerts (metal bands) I saw people are really decent and if they notice someone on the ground they help it go raise it up. Once a fat man fall into me and I was completely on the floor and he helped me to get up.. I think rock concerts are much safter than this lolz ^_^

People died. I saw videos of people running over people. Even in concerts (metal bands) I saw people are really decent and if they notice someone on the ground they help it go raise it up. Once a fat man fall into me and I was completely on the floor and he helped me to get up.. I think rock concerts are much safter than this lolz ^_^

Who died? I haven't heard anything about people dying during this year's Black Friday. To the best of my knowledge there's only been one death from Black Friday and that was several years ago.

I wasn't saying mosh pits are as dangerous, just that the experience is similar, in that it involves a bunch of people pushing and shoving and hurting each other. My point being that it's just something a lot of people enjoy, they like fighting other people and Black Friday gives them an excuse to do it. Like a mosh pit or alcohol at the bar, none of these are real reasons to fight people but for people that enjoy fighting, it's as close to a reason as they can get.

I only ended up with a $35 entry into the Warrior Dash - Texas for next year. I got some neighbors to run it with me this time. No other big "Cyber" deals. I did use a bunch of gift cards from various points programs for a new 39" LED TV from Best Buy. $30 off regular price, $8.88 in Fat Wallet Cash Back and $25 gift card/credit from Best Buy's Sunday/Monday special made for a good deal.

The first rule in the pit is to pick people up if they fall down. Most bands even mention this before their set for people who don't know that.

Who died? I haven't heard anything about people dying during this year's Black Friday. To the best of my knowledge there's only been one death from Black Friday and that was several years ago.

I wasn't saying mosh pits are as dangerous, just that the experience is similar, in that it involves a bunch of people pushing and shoving and hurting each other. My point being that it's just something a lot of people enjoy, they like fighting other people and Black Friday gives them an excuse to do it. Like a mosh pit or alcohol at the bar, none of these are real reasons to fight people but for people that enjoy fighting, it's as close to a reason as they can get.

I've only heard it happened. I dunno if was this or a previous one.

But I dunno.. let's say I go to Frys where is a lot of electronics. With such amount of people running over items a lot of products might end up damaged or even what they get. In some part of the video I posted I saw a man pulling some item from a woman and vice versa. It was like Arnold Schwartzenegger movie (the one of Turbo Man), I tought it was a parody but no, its pure reality.

I think is nice and cool you can get items super cheap but there is a bit out of control. I would be kinda scared If I was a seller. I still don't understand why there are no robbers. Are there robbers? Who would notice? 100 people rushing.

Mosh pits, on the other hand, are suppossed to be out of control. High volume, metal/rock/heavy music, perfect combination.

orange_text: LOL yeah you could be right but sounds funny. People likes to fight so they go to Black Friday and fight for prices aahaahahahaha. Whatever just to kick as$ jejeajajajajajja :teehee:

Perhaps the image was harder for me since in 2001 there was a huge amount of robbery in Argentina. I really don't recall why but it was because "people was hungry"... Bullsh*t... there was some poor people but also it was full of robbers who wanted to take advantage of the situation. Tere was the year of crysis, dollar stopped being 1$AR = 1$USD, now 6,3$AR = 1U$D, and also in that year Banks prohibited people from getting their money out!!!!! It was fkin crazy...

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_de_diciembre_de_2001_en_Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTHbFeqbyg

That's one of the most sad things we lived here. It was like 2-3 days of that bullsh-*t then police and military calmed things and luckily never happened again. It was absolutely pathetic and well perhaps BF remind me of that.

Edited by Fragsman