Xaser Vi Mid-tower Case Examined

Nemo

• 3 years later...

Hi Nemo!

I know it has passed a long time ago since you post this article, but if you still exist in this Web Forum, I'd really would like to ask you about this case: VH9000BWS.

This case has two 120 mm fans, one red at the front and one white at the rear:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_xaser_vi/images/fans1.htm

My red one, which is at the front is more than 4 years since I bought this case, and now it has been sounds very rusty and ugly..... I'd really would need to replace this fan.

But my question is, how should I replace this fan? I'm not able to figure out, how to screw it or discrew it. I assume I should remove those black parts:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_xaser_vi/images/slogan.htm

but how, they are very though?

Is it possible you can guide me trhough somehow, I really appreciate any help from you!

And thanks for this review, it really helped to decide to buy this awesome case 4 years ago!

Best regards,

Felipe from Chile

Nemo didn't do the review, The Smith did and apparently he aint been on since the 24th of feb

I had a look at some pics of the case and it appears you just need to remove the HDD caddy at the bottom it appears only screwed in but tbh idk without it sitting in front of me or without some high res pics taking in the right kinda angles.

Nemo didn't do the review, The Smith did and apparently he aint been on since the 24th of feb

I had a look at some pics of the case and it appears you just need to remove the HDD caddy at the bottom it appears only screwed in but tbh idk without it sitting in front of me or without some high res pics taking in the right kinda angles.

Thank you very much for your reply Stonerboy779!

I do not have pics now, but I'll be taking them tomorrow.

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/itemdetails/T925-1259/T925-1259-out3-wg.jpg

As it can be see in the previous image, the fan is just behind the HDD case. I have already removed that case for the HDD. But the problem is the screws are done from "right" to "left" (regarding that picture). What I mean is when I see the screws I can not use my screwdriver because the screws are applied the other way..... That's my issue, I don't know how to take it....

Any thanks I would really appreciate it !

You really shouldn't dig up old threads like this, rather start your own and link to this thread/review for this case. As for your question, I would just try to get off with a flat screw driver.

You have to pull off the front panel (it's held on by clips IIRC) to get to the screws that hold in the fan in the front.

Stonerboy779, Black64 and Waco:

Thank you very much for all your help.

For next occasion, I will create my own post linking this post :)

Finally I've made it, I could took away the front panel, it was a little bit difficult to put them back again.... but it's ok, now my new fan is installed!

Thanks again!