Mass Effect: Andromeda

DanTheGamer11

Really could just link to the BioWare Blog...

New game will be built at the BioWare Montreal location and not Edmonton like the past ones. Anyone hoping Casey Hudson is not going to be involved is out of luck, as he'll still be the Executive Producer. However, there'll be a Project Director making everyday decisions at the Montreal studio, so there is that.

That evolution now takes its next step, with the news that the next Mass Effect game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. This is the goal we have been working toward for years now, and every member of our team is proud, excited, and humbled to take on the responsibility for the next game.

To ensure a proper and effective transition, we

Really could just link to the BioWare Blog...

New game will be built at the BioWare Montreal location and not Edmonton like the past ones. Anyone hoping Casey Hudson is not going to be involved is out of luck, as he'll still be the Executive Producer. However, there'll be a Project Director making everyday decisions at the Montreal studio, so there is that.

Or I could post the news link...

Maybe Miranda can take control of Cerberus and do with Shepard what they did in ME2 and we have another game :teehee:

I don't know. Maybe Cerberus origins and works it way up to rebuilding shepard and Miranda story.

I dunno... I bought the collector editions of 2 and 3 because I was so into the game, but 3 fell so flat that I didn't even go for the latest DLC. Seems like 3 had potential, even when I started it... but somewhere about a third of the way through, it went off the rails for me. The relationships in the game came unmoored and the gameplay felt rushed and repetitive. I finished it once, got the DLC to "fix" the end, but never played a second character through once I realized those hundreds of decision points all still ended at the same place. So, 4? meh.

I blame part (maybe all) of the downfall of Mass Effect 3 on the fact that Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the first two games, wasn't involved at all. He did leave partway through ME2, but even still that held together in the long run better than ME3 did. It was almost like without Karpyshyn's ideas and wit, there wasn't an idea of how to wrap up the whole story in a way that made sense. Or not piss off a lot of people.

I blame part (maybe all) of the downfall of Mass Effect 3 on the fact that Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the first two games, wasn't involved at all. He did leave partway through ME2, but even still that held together in the long run better than ME3 did. It was almost like without Karpyshyn's ideas and wit, there wasn't an idea of how to wrap up the whole story in a way that made sense. Or not piss off a lot of people.

Does this mean i should skip three??

Does this mean i should skip three??

Not entirely. If for nothing more than to just see how Shepard's story concludes. Seeing how everything unfolds is kind of neat, though. Just uh, try to not punch the monitor too hard.

Not entirely. If for nothing more than to just see how Shepard's story concludes. Seeing how everything unfolds is kind of neat, though. Just uh, try to not punch the monitor too hard.

If you download and install the Extended Cut DLC before you finish a playthrough of the game then I think you will be happy with it.

If you were like me and finished it before the Extended Cut released then you would've punched your monitor and sworn uncontrollably at the old ending :P

If you download and install the Extended Cut DLC before you finish a playthrough of the game then I think you will be happy with it.

If you were like me and finished it before the Extended Cut released then you would've punched your monitor and sworn uncontrollably at the old ending :P

Ya, that's what I keep hearing. Sounds like ME2 for me, I waited so long to play it that I played the complete experience with all the DLC and REALLY enjoyed the game. I'm assuming by now all the DLC that's going to be released is already out (this isn't Bethesda lol) so anytime in the future sounds like the best time to buy. I'll wait for it to hit rockbottom price and then scoop it up, I'm in no hurry since I'm still playing vanilla skyrim (well modded, but no DLC) and have a sizeable army of games waiting after it

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 4 weeks later...