Destiny

WhenKittensATK

So its in open beta until Monday or something I heard. I played it till level 5 on the Warlock class. If you're into Borderlands / Warframe type of games it fits that. The maps are instanced and u can group up to 6 players. There is exploring with hidden caves with chests or mini bosses. The item system is really simple which is nice. They have good menu layouts except when dealing with the social aspect which reverts to you the horrible PS3 interface. As far as  skills not sure how that works out. Right now it unlocks a new skill each level. Each skill has an several upgrades of itself that provide a different perk.

Not my must buy next-gen console game. I'll try to hold out for the Metal Gear or Final Fantasy, unless their is some super deal that I can combine with my $100 Best Buy gift card.

Edited by AZNguyen

• 1 month later...

I've got it for PS4. It's nice in the beginning, especially the tower which looks great. 

But after a while the missions start getting repetitive - go to new area, kill enemies, enter darkness zone (where if you die you go to the start of the darkness zone and lose progress), Ghost needs to do something so you activate it, wait for Ghost to finish and kill enemies, boss appears, kill boss and Ghost suddenly finishes its task and end mission, back to orbit...

I can be nice with a fireteam of friends though.

You literally just summarized the entire game. I had high such hopes for this game. Dont get me wrong its a fun game up until you realize how crazy repetitive it is and how every mission requires you to basically to go back the exact same locations. Also, anyone have any idea what is going on in the story? Just finished the game (at level 20) and still have no idea what is going on.

I've got it for PS4. It's nice in the beginning, especially the tower which looks great. 

But after a while the missions start getting repetitive - go to new area, kill enemies, enter darkness zone (where if you die you go to the start of the darkness zone and lose progress), Ghost needs to do something so you activate it, wait for Ghost to finish and kill enemies, boss appears, kill boss and Ghost suddenly finishes its task and end mission, back to orbit...

I can be nice with a fireteam of friends though.

Edited by Reaper_88

The game's getting pretty mediocre reviews/scores across the board from both critics and users. Maybe a larger portion of that $500M budget should have been spent on the actual game instead of all the marketing hype.

GameSpot's Review is surprisingly well-written.

I'm with Dan...outside of PvP, Borderlands, BL2, and likely BL: The Pre-Sequel are all better shooter-RPGs, offering a bigger variety of character classes, abilities, weaponry, locales, and mission types. Hell, if Gearbox slapped in PvP into BL:PS, it'd be game over for Destiny.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone playing Destiny on PS4? 

I am looking for some groups to run the higher level stuff as I progress more. 

Almost hit 20, and would be interested in running strikes and raids once I get the gear! 

If anyone is ever up for something hit me up on PSN greengiant912