Powercolor 7970 LCS Review

Bosco

Factory overclocked cards go for $600+$145 Water block=$745 +No install issues+WARRANTY and it just about works out right.

over here stock, non overclocked 7970s are over $850, with some custom cooled models (still aircooled) are well into the $900s

so you guys have it pretty good

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory overclocked cards go for $600+$145 Water block=$745 +No install issues+WARRANTY and it just about works out right.

That exact waterblock can be had for $100-125.

The warranty while watercooled is worth the cost for many.

Because it's so difficult to swap the original HSF back on before sending it back to the manufacturer? :rolleyes:.

And yes, I speak from experience.

Because it's so difficult to swap the original HSF back on before sending it back to the manufacturer? :rolleyes:.

No, but if you want to be 100% honest you usually can't do that. A lot of people also don't want to risk the card just installing a different cooler to start with. :P

I wouldn't buy one myself...but if I were building a machine for someone that wanted watercooling it'd definitely be in the cards. :cheers:

XFX allows people to switch to watercooling and will still accept RMA's if the card goes bad. I wish more companies would start doing this, because if you can put on a waterblock on correctly and don't go crazy with overvolting, it's actually better off for the card.

XFX allows people to switch to watercooling and will still accept RMA's if the card goes bad. I wish more companies would start doing this, because if you can put on a waterblock on correctly and don't go crazy with overvolting, it's actually better off for the card.

Definitely! My 5970 nearly torched itself with the stock cooler at stock settings when I ran the Furmark benchmark. :lol: With a waterblock it's FAR cooler running and will certainly last longer too.

Until they do a water test and find out water hit the card then you are screwed. :lol:

Until they do a water test and find out water hit the card then you are screwed. :lol:

Well luckily for me, it wasn't water damage that did my card in, it was the lack of VRAM cooling that caused it to fry :lol:

That exact waterblock can be had for $100-125.

All depending on where you buy :cheers:

No, not difficult but many times damage is caused in the installation process. This should not be a manufacturer problem.

Well luckily for me, it wasn't water damage that did my card in, it was the lack of VRAM cooling that caused it to fry :lol:

Poor water block design?