Online Photo Storage?

Renigade

Any one have any experience with online storage for photos?

What are my options for paid photo storage other then Flickr and Photobucket or a web based gallery like say coppermine or the like?

I want something that will separate photos into levels of access (Private photos auto Watermarked and public not watermarked) and display them in different options like ( small medium large and full size)

I just don't have time to watermark all of my photos.

What I'm looking for is something that will auto watermark the photos if someone is not logged into my account, and let friends and family see the pics and comment on them. Was thinking of either installing a Photo gallery on my web site ot just paying for a Storage site like Flickr or Photo bucket account?

Personally I use and pay for Flickr it was something like $30 for a full year of unlim uploads and storage.

It also lets you place different permissions on photos so as to either alow or disalow downloading and embedding. You can change permissions of pics or albums to change who they are viewable by. So I have a few album that are only viewable by family/friends. It support coment and also picture tagging to place comment on certain sections of photos. You can favourite photos too.

Awesome thing about it also is how it embeds in forums like this

I can chooe sizes to embed it in from tiny little 75x75 pixle squares through thumnail size to small, medium, large and original sizes.

eg Medium 500, Medium 800 and Large 1024

7886545004_f4a6877f5b.jpg

7886545004_f4a6877f5b_c.jpg

7886545004_f4a6877f5b_b.jpg

DSC_0066 by Stonerboy779, on Flickr

You'll notice on the last one I left the tagline that I normally remove.

Also sharing the link to a photoset or album has the awesome effect of creating a slideshow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonerboy779/sets/72157631303069056/with/7886545004/

Hope some of this has helped you.

I dont know of any watermark feature but the upload feature is very good and supports minor editing and batch actions before you publih to your photostream.

the disadvantage of payed stuff is there is always a way to save a picture protected or not. (print screen anyone?)

so i just use photobucket and people can do what they want with my photo's, if i want to keep em private just make an album on facebook with viewable to only friends/family works just as good if you aks me.

Thanks Stoner:) yeah i guess i will just use a watermark tool or Fireworks and set up a macro.

@WarWeeny I plan on taking lots of Videos and Pictures. I bought my camera a few weeks ago and I'm already at 1500+ I need to be able to categorize and store a lot. I'm learning how to use this D3200 so I'm going to want to share them and not have restrictions.

the disadvantage of payed stuff is there is always a way to save a picture protected or not. (print screen anyone?)

so i just use photobucket and people can do what they want with my photo's, if i want to keep em private just make an album on facebook with viewable to only friends/family works just as good if you aks me.

Hence why I have private albums on flickr I have nearly 800 photos that can't be viewed by the public atm. As to people print screening and reuploading you can't really stop it but you can make it more difficult fo people to just easily embed your potos.

If I wanted to share something but cared about it been copied I would watermark it before uploading. However since 90% of my photos have been taken by my old Xperia X10i it doesn't bother me what people want o do with them it not like they could really make any money of them haha.

Another vote for Flickr here. I use it to store all the family photos and vids so the rest of the relatives can enjoy them.

I also found a nice tool written in python that will sort and tag and upload your Flickr photos based on their folder structure on your PC. Seeing as I'm a little OCD about organising my data I had a nicely sorted set of photos on Flickr after 2 nights uploading.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I ended up getting a Flickr Pro account for the few Bucks its worth it for the extra perks/amenities

Exactly what i thought when i hit my free photo limit.

Also as for your watermark I have found something that you can use to watermark and replace your photos once uploaded to flickr.

Here of some screens of me using it as i have no need or want of watermarks at the moment.

8324464290_5618afd801_c.jpg

Input username and select photo you wish to watermark

8324464906_8f4359e905_c.jpg

Enter in text for the watermark

8324464678_a52de7e7bb_c.jpg

Preview watermark then either download or upload to flickr

8323405955_42f2de87f1_c.jpg

Approve the use of the third party online app in order upload the watermarked picture

Just need to go to http://www.macrophotos.net/ and from there click on the watermark tab and it is all pretty self explanitary.