The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

4 lbs. of Organic raw cashews.

Only a 1 day supply?  Cashews and pistachios...I could eat those until my stomach explodes lol

Holy crap, you've got that right!  Those things are addictive!

Hi Mr Tessin!

I was wondering, do you actually have/need a sub with those R50's? Is the lower range of the band deep enough to keep your bass cravings satisfied?

Hi Mr Tessin!

I was wondering, do you actually have/need a sub with those R50's? Is the lower range of the band deep enough to keep your bass cravings satisfied?

Hello yourself Mr Heif :D 

I really like the way they sound. The bass is light but some EQ tweeking is all it takes to get decent bass out of them. Plenty of volume to piss off the neighbors too. 

There is bass roll off below 50 hz. They have enough bass for music which is all they get used for but they would need a sub for movies and games with LFE's. 

I do have a SQ tuned subwoofer in my daily driver, I am a bass head to some degree. I got them second hand, $90 for a pair. If I had paid full retail I might not be as delighted as I am. 

EDIT: I listened to them again tonight thinking critically. The bass is there but there isn't a low end guttural punch like there is with a good sub but the bass is accurate and clean. 

Edited by GabrielTessin

Thanks for your answer!

So the specs seem accurate according to bass rolloff. I did not expect that much bass out of dual 6 inch drivers, but my brother had an Altec 641 computer system with dual 6 inches for the sub, and it could rumble the desk loudly, but it was as bulky as a full tower case and really heavy.

I have JBL LSRs 2328 (8 inches woofers) for my TV audio and the 4326 (6 inches woofers) and the bass response is completely different. The 6 inches don't have any punch below 45-50, as opposed to my 8 inches. The sound quality is different tho, as the 4326 are pro monitors and the 2328 were in the affordable range.

I don't like subs, as I probably never heard a real sound quality sub. There is always that "WOOM" sound that just robs the punch from the sound, but does make the room vibrate.

I like bass, but living in a 4th story apartment with wooden flooring, the bass goes through that like grease goes through paper. If I ever get to get my own house, I'd probably be getting something bigger.

Oh well, maybe someday.

Thanks for your answer!

So the specs seem accurate according to bass rolloff. I did not expect that much bass out of dual 6 inch drivers, but my brother had an Altec 641 computer system with dual 6 inches for the sub, and it could rumble the desk loudly, but it was as bulky as a full tower case and really heavy.

I have JBL LSRs 2328 (8 inches woofers) for my TV audio and the 4326 (6 inches woofers) and the bass response is completely different. The 6 inches don't have any punch below 45-50, as opposed to my 8 inches. The sound quality is different tho, as the 4326 are pro monitors and the 2328 were in the affordable range.

I don't like subs, as I probably never heard a real sound quality sub. There is always that "WOOM" sound that just robs the punch from the sound, but does make the room vibrate.

I like bass, but living in a 4th story apartment with wooden flooring, the bass goes through that like grease goes through paper. If I ever get to get my own house, I'd probably be getting something bigger.

Oh well, maybe someday.

I am guessing the reason you don't like subwoofers is like you said, you haven't heard a good one, knowingly atleast. Most nice movie theaters will have atleast one subwoofer per screens. The reason you don't notice is they are set up properly  :teehee: Subs for the most part are intended to play 50hz and below. Most computer desk subs (including mine) are just a midwoofer (aka woofer) in a low tuned enclosure. If you notice a subwoofer in the room or can hear where it is playing from it isn't a good thing. They should blend with the music/movie. 

A home theater sub you should feel more than hear. I have an old Klipshe SW8 subwoofer that I got used as well and to be honest it really make the apartment next to mine angry :D It's not boomy but man does it shake the crap out of an old house like mine and sound amazing doing it. Not bad for 65 watts rms. 

I just got and successfully installed an XFX DD R9 280X video card.  I was a little worried about getting all the Nvidia software

out as I've never had an AMD card.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and everything is up and running now.

Thanks to OCC's tutorials and help from the members, It made it go easy.

For the sub location, no can do, because I do not hear tones lower than 400 Hz in my left ear. Even worse, I cannot distinguish tones (mid range) with this ear. I was born with that defect, instead of being Dragonborn. I used to be a tuba player, until I received an arrow in the ear.

My main concern with subs is that they screw up the frequency response, which my right ear can perfectly detect.

PS Maybe we should discuss of this in an audio thread instead :whistling: