Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

Oh yeah Fogel, I'm afraid I can't really describe well enough in words how they sound, but all bar the JS speakers sound like real life, they're a bit warm and a touch wholesome with the bass, but believe me when I say I've invested in the highest quality bass and overall sound I could afford when I've made each purchase, so they're far from brash... a lot of my stuff is modified or even built from components.

Ya figured the AMB stuff was stuff you built/modified. Figured you would have a nice a setup. :)

Since you guys with pimp systems can't express in words how your systems sound, the appropriate thing left to do is for you guys to host OCC parties so we can all experience it for ourselves and save you from having to get all wordy like!

You host I will bring the beer! :cheers:

Not true slacker! (see post #28)

You didn't even take the time on your own statement. :P

:lol: Mine doesn't sound "real" but it sounds pretty damn good. I'm not sure how else to describe it. :P

Ya figured the AMB stuff was stuff you built/modified. Figured you would have a nice a setup. :)

Since you guys with pimp systems can't express in words how your systems sound, the appropriate thing left to do is for you guys to host OCC parties so we can all experience it for ourselves and save you from having to get all wordy like!

You host I will bring the beer! :cheers:

Well I would have to make sure wife and kids are gone first.I know how you OCC fellows can be rowdy :)

The mains are not to bad but a bit bright on the musical side.For movies,they sound excellent,especially the front sound stage where it is most important.

I know adding an amp would tame the brightness a little.Some brands add bright,warming or a neutral sound and would definitely get the most out of my fronts.

I'll just quickly list some stuff first, might elaborate a bit later on.

As my PC is my main audio source (whether it be music, games or even watching movies, at least for now) it is all connected in some way to that:

PC (Music - Headphones)

E-MU 0404 USB

Shure E3c

Sennheiser CX 500

Audio Technica ATH-911 (falling apart a bit, I need to repair them)

PC (Music - Speakers)

E-MU 0404 USB

Tripath TA2020 Based Amp

Sony SS-176E

PC (Gaming, when I need to talk)

Onboard sound (the mic impedance is too high for my 0404 USB)

Plantronics Gamecom 367 Headset

Edited by jammin

For Listening to Computer/music/gaming etc.

Bose IE2 - great balance prehaps the best headphone i've ever used

AKG K404 by Mercedes (extremely rare) - great,comfortable, great bass,

For Making Music:

Roland TD3

Yamaha MM6 Midi controller/keyboard

Mac Pro...lol

...for when everyone goes out

Bose L1s...with 2x 250w subs

Edited by Il_napoletano

For Headphones I have the Sennheiser HD518 and I absolutely adore them with my Fiio's E11 headphone amp.

Bass is beautiful Highs and Mids are perfect.

I am quite sad that I do not like how they sound using my Onboard sound on this desktop and my laptop..

I am considering getting a desktop Fiio's unit for my PC.. I might end up being better off getting a new sound card though.

For home Entertainment Center (actually my bedroom lol)

I am running the KEF T101 Surround Sound Setup. (I actually won this entire setup for free on twitter last fall)

Came with the 5 Speakers and the T-2 Subwoofer.

Yamaha RX-V371 for my Receiver. It does not have a ton of options, but it does the job.

They sound pretty good, I cannot complain.

Due to the lack of room in my room I don't quite have them setup the way they should be for optimal sound, but they work/sound great how they are.

That T-2 sub is a freaking beast.

What hardnrg said.

The room is probably 20x10x8

But also contains a queen sized bed. a 32inch TV.

Dresser. and 4ft long card table to put everything on. Minus the receiver it is sitting on the dresser.

I'm not sure how else to describe it. :P

No need - you will host the first OCC party - so party at Waco's!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Well I would have to make sure wife and kids are gone first.I know how you OCC fellows can be rowdy :)

Nothing proper volume control can't fix. :P

Though definitely get rid of the innocent ones - we don't want Bambi getting chased away.

I'll just quickly list some stuff first, might elaborate a bit later on.

As my PC is my main audio source (whether it be music, games or even watching movies, at least for now) it is all connected in some way to that:

This was actually going to be my next question. What is everyone's source material and are people picky about it?

I am quite sad that I do not like how they sound using my Onboard sound on this desktop and my laptop..

I am considering getting a desktop Fiio's unit for my PC.. I might end up being better off getting a new sound card though.

For home Entertainment Center (actually my bedroom lol)

I am running the KEF T101 Surround Sound Setup. (I actually won this entire setup for free on twitter last fall)

Came with the 5 Speakers and the T-2 Subwoofer.

Fiio will be releasing the E15 and E17 sometime this year though I heard a rumor they will have non-numerical names. Though the Fiio website refers to the E17 (portable amp) as both by E17 as well as the Alpen. No word on the E15 yet even though it was supposd to release first - which should be the desktop amp/dac.

Oh and you luky sumbish! High-five, I would totally love that KEF system.