Looking for RAID/NAS suggestions

kendellrt

I'm looking for ideas for a new NAS solution, preferably one that has RAID security or similar. I currently have a Drobo 2nd gen. It's from 2010 and the fastest available connection is USB 2.0. It still works, but not well as a NAS solution, only for data security. I use it to store media for my Plex server and all of my 75,000+ personal photos and videos. I would like a NAS solution to replace it so that I can more easily share it between my PC and a Mac. If not a NAS, I could simply get a faster replacement and have it connected to one of the computers as a network share. I'm torn as to which computer to use if I do it that way. I'd like to house photos and such on the Mac. Either OS will work for the other media and data. I'm not looking forward to backing everything up and then figuring out how to convert the files for use on an HSF+ file system instead of NTFS. I could use a solution to read/write an NTFS volume on Mac, I just don't know if there are any good ones out there. Any ideas?