need opinions/help with a new build

purity

since my am2 x64 + cpu died yesterday ive been looking into upgrading to a decent cpu and mobo.

i have become a very intense gamer over the last several months and i would like to have a system that will run crysis 2 and     

other high end games comfortably

im not sure weather to go intel or amd ive had a look at the am3 and the i3-i5 but with cost been a factor its looking like am3

ASrock 970DE3/U3S3 Motherboard
 AMD 640 Quad Core X4 3.0GHz AM3 Processor

16GB DDR3 1333 Memory.

im not sure what graphics card i want i need it to be fairly cheap but i would like to go 1 gb and ill also need a decent power supply

Purity - considering what appears to be a very limited budget, have you considered just replacing your dead cpu and investing that saved money into a better video card?

But if that isn't an option for some reason;

Can you send us a link to the store you'll be purchasing your gear from?  No sense in us making suggestions if we don't know what is available to you.

For example (using availability and pricing in the US) if it were me I'd probably be leaning towards a Phenom II 965 Black Edition - which is still a great CPU for a gaming rig and over here they are going for less than $100 bucks.  And instead of the board you're looking at right now I'd be thinking about the MSI 990FXA-GD65V2.

You don't need 16Gb of memory - 8Gb will work just fine.

All of those are well chosen options.  If I were buying for myself I'd go with the Gigabyte 970A-DS3 and FX-4170.  I don't think it's the best value of the bunch (no memory included in the bundle) - but I do think it's a great base system to start with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-970A-DS3-AM3-Motherboard-and-AMD-FX-4170-4-2GHz-X4-Bulldozer-CPU-Bundle-/280864334719?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item4164d1a37f&clk_rvr_id=448764514949&afsrc=1

So if  you went with that option, then figure in what you'll spend on memory and a power supply.... how much does that leave you for the GPU?

All of those are well chosen options.  If I were buying for myself I'd go with the Gigabyte 970A-DS3 and FX-4170.  I don't think it's the best value of the bunch (no memory included in the bundle) - but I do think it's a great base system to start with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-970A-DS3-AM3-Motherboard-and-AMD-FX-4170-4-2GHz-X4-Bulldozer-CPU-Bundle-/280864334719?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item4164d1a37f&clk_rvr_id=448764514949&afsrc=1

So if  you went with that option, then figure in what you'll spend on memory and a power supply.... how much does that leave you for the GPU?

i had a look at your suggestion it seems to be  a solid bet i found i can get the parts cheaper then ebay woot woot :)

Gigabyte 970A-DS3 

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the two power supplies that you've listed.  However, if it were me I'd personally be willing to settle on a used power supply, brand name, with a proven track record.  Something like this for example;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsair-TX750-Enthusiast-Series-750-Watt-ATX-Gaming-Power-Supply-Unit-750W-PSU-/251224488380?pt=UK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item3a7e2579bc