24" vs 27"

acpowell

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I replaced my 19 inch with a 23 inch at my desk I sorta feel lost, I have to move my eyes and rarely my head to see everything

Urgh so much flippin' effort huh? :teehee:

I do know what you mean though, I have two monitors now and I really only use the second one while gaming or to monitor temps dunno.gif

Well I think I decided I am going to keep my current 2 x 24" setup. Although the HP is larger in inches it is defiantly smaller in real estate and I think I like being able to see more at a time rather than things just being larger which is what I get with the HP.

Thanks for all your input. I am impress it didn't get into an all-out flaming war like I thought it might of (hence the spoiler in the OP)

Thanks again all.

PS. Why do companies keep making shiny LCDs? They are annoyingly glary.

Edited by acpowell

Well I think I decided I am going to keep my current 2 x 24" setup. Although the HP is larger in inches it is defiantly smaller in real estate and I think I like being able to see more at a time rather than things just being larger which is what I get with the HP.

Thanks for all your input. I am impress it didn't get into an all-out flaming war like I thought it might of (hence the spoiler in the OP)

Thanks again all.

PS. Why do companies keep making shiny LCDs? They are annoyingly glary.

Sadly for us, it's simply because they sell well. Lots of people think they look better than matte in the bright high temperature light of stores.

To bad you can't get one of these: http://www.overclock.net/products/yamakasi-catleap-q270-se-27-led-2560x1440-wqhd-dvi-d-dual-computer-monitor

I'd get the 24", 16:10 is the god tier of aspect ratios. Much more productive, gaming is better, everything is better. (16:9 generation hater here)

Me thinks that monitor would be slightly out of my budget of: given to me for free by my boss :)

Urgh so much flippin' effort huh? :teehee:

I do know what you mean though, I have two monitors now and I really only use the second one while gaming or to monitor temps dunno.gif

I use both monitors so much that they both currently have serveral windows open on them. I am in and out of so manythings. I really need a 2k or even a 4k monitor. How about you help me out with that. :thumbsup:

I use both monitors so much that they both currently have serveral windows open on them. I am in and out of so manythings. I really need a 2k or even a 4k monitor. How about you help me out with that. :thumbsup:

I actually got the second monitor fairly recently and loved it, I'm learning programming so it was useful to have the extra screen real estate in that sense. Unfortunately aside from that the second monitor largely went unused. Now I have a new graphics card I don't even have another port for the second monitor. :(

I actually got the second monitor fairly recently and loved it, I'm learning programming so it was useful to have the extra screen real estate in that sense. Unfortunately aside from that the second monitor largely went unused. Now I have a new graphics card I don't even have another port for the second monitor. :(

That is crazy that you have a new GFX Card and it dosn't allow for a second monitor, or is it that you just don't have the proper connector for another monitor?

To bad you can't get one of these: http://www.overclock.net/products/yamakasi-catleap-q270-se-27-led-2560x1440-wqhd-dvi-d-dual-computer-monitor

I'd get the 24", 16:10 is the god tier of aspect ratios. Much more productive, gaming is better, everything is better. (16:9 generation hater here)

+1...

does anyone want to buy me one? :lol: