XFX and Sapphire 7770 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with the midrange cards from AMD lately...5770 = roughly 6770, and now 7770 is only a slight improvement over 6770? I guess I still won't be upgrading. At least the lower temps might help with overlocking it further, but still....

With the 7770 being SLIGHTLY slower than the 6850...it seems like they are priced to clear out 6850 stock then the price on the 7770 will drop appropriately. AMD did the same thing when the 5770 and 6770 came out.

The power consumption is amazing considering the performance...which is in itself impressive considering how few resources and memory bandwidth it has compared to the 6850.

I was hoping this would have the same effect as the 5770.....awesome, but no it doesn't. Seems like a rebranded 6770 to me.

Well, we know that it's not a rebranded 6770 since it's got a new core. 28nm Cape Verde versus 40nm Juniper

After reading comments on a couple of reviews from different sites I'm starting to think the PC bunch aren't as bright as they claim... at least you guys know what their strategy is... isn't the 7750 gonna have problems when you try overclocking? Black it can't be re branded if it has GCN... not bad for a new processing node, can't wait to see what we can get out of 28nm when it's more mature :)

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/25942-xfx-radeon-hd-7770-1gb-black-super-oc-dd-reviewed Here is AMD's product transition slide or whatever....

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I was hoping this would have the same effect as the 5770.....awesome, but no it doesn't. Seems like a rebranded 6770 to me.

What do you mean? The 5770 was slower than the 4870 and cost more...but it used far less power and supported DX11.

What do you mean? The 5770 was slower than the 4870 and cost more...but it used far less power and supported DX11.

The 5770 and 4870 were almost identical on performance, like you sd the difference was heat, power, and DX11 ;) Also the 5770 in CF scaled much better than the 4870 CF, I had both setups. I think he was saying the the 5770 was such a BA mid-range card at the time and extremely popular, that he was hoping this release would prove to be the same. But, like Airman sd, def not a rebrand!