razer lycosa issues

StoneBridge

today i boght a razer lycosa( since my logitech g15 from 2006 died..) and when i installed the driver from the cd that followd the keyboard, i could open the configurator, but i coulden make any makros and such. so i went to www.razer.com and downloaded the latest driver and softwere and installed it, rebooted my pc, and now i cant open the configurator anymore. i noticed on the update log on the new driver it said that the configurator wouldent open if hardware was not present. so ive tried uinstalling and reinstalling the driver and software(even changed usb-ports). still i cant open the configurator. so what do i do now?

thanks in advance!

With the keyboard still plugged in, remove the keyboard software via add/remove programs

Now, check the device manager and if you still see the Razer keyboard as installed uninstall it from the device manager. It will ask you if you want to uninstall drivers for the device. Choose "yes"

Before you shut down the machine do a manual search for any folders or files left over from the installation. Not sure what OS you're using so I can't point you in the right direction, but a file search should yield some results.

After you've deleted the left over files and folders open the registry editor. Export your current registry settings and save them somewhere you can find them at later.

Now do a search through your registry for any keys, values or data that belong to Razer. Manually delete those.

Shut down your PC. Unplug the Razer keyboard and plug a standard usb keyboard back in. Reboot your computer and let Windows pick up the standard keyboard and install a generic driver.

Once that's done, power down your rig again, unplug the standard keyboard and plug the Razer back in. Boot the computer back up. Windows should detect new hardware. Cancel the auto installation routine. Final step is to execute the autorun from the latest Razer driver package that you downloaded.

Make sure that you've downloaded the correct driver package for the version of Windows that you're running.

With the keyboard still plugged in, remove the keyboard software via add/remove programs

Now, check the device manager and if you still see the Razer keyboard as installed uninstall it from the device manager. It will ask you if you want to uninstall drivers for the device. Choose "yes"

Before you shut down the machine do a manual search for any folders or files left over from the installation. Not sure what OS you're using so I can't point you in the right direction, but a file search should yield some results.

After you've deleted the left over files and folders open the registry editor. Export your current registry settings and save them somewhere you can find them at later.

Now do a search through your registry for any keys, values or data that belong to Razer. Manually delete those.

Shut down your PC. Unplug the Razer keyboard and plug a standard usb keyboard back in. Reboot your computer and let Windows pick up the standard keyboard and install a generic driver.

Once that's done, power down your rig again, unplug the standard keyboard and plug the Razer back in. Boot the computer back up. Windows should detect new hardware. Cancel the auto installation routine. Final step is to execute the autorun from the latest Razer driver package that you downloaded.

Make sure that you've downloaded the correct driver package for the version of Windows that you're running.

os is win 7x64. but i dont have any extra keyboard...

• 1 year later...

Really sorry to necro such an old thread, but I'm having the same exact issue and I can't seem to get past the "cancel the auto installation routine."

I tired a bunch of things that I found on google with no luck.

Help me please!! :cry: