7950 3GB-->770 4GB?

I've been contemplating selling my 7950 while the market's up for 7900s right now and getting a 770 4GB for little cost to me. I'll likely get around $315 for my card on ebay when all is said and done and I can get an EVGA SC or PNY 4GB 770 for $355-$350 respectively.

Is this stupid?? Should I just keep my 7950 and continue to enjoy it??

I figure it won't be a huge upgrade but it is stronger in every way and then I could get to some of my physx titles I've been putting off as well.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this 7950 but this seems like a great opportunity to upgrade slightly and strengthen my build some.

Thoughts?

I've been contemplating selling my 7950 while the market's up for 7900s right now and getting a 770 4GB for little cost to me. I'll likely get around $315 for my card on ebay when all is said and done and I can get an EVGA SC or PNY 4GB 770 for $355-$350 respectively.

Is this stupid?? Should I just keep my 7950 and continue to enjoy it??

I figure it won't be a huge upgrade but it is stronger in every way and then I could get to some of my physx titles I've been putting off as well.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this 7950 but this seems like a great opportunity to upgrade slightly and strengthen my build some.

Thoughts?

I'd definitely go for the GTX770 4Gb if you can find a 4Gb model in that $350-355 range because I cant only see 4Gb models around $400 on Newegg

Only 1 year warranty ? That sounds like a joke...

I'd much rather go for this for an extra $40 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462

^Nearly 100MHz faster than the $350 PNY and has a nice triple fan cooler with 3 year warranty

(Plus I know Ivy keeps his cards for long, so the added warranty would be more useful to him since he would probably only upgrade when the Skyrim successor is released and he mods it to require more than 4Gb VRAM :teehee:  )

Yeah that's the EVGA I was talking about (with $5 shipping, it's $355)

Only 1 year warranty ? That sounds like a joke...

I'd much rather go for this for an extra $40 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462

^Nearly 100MHz faster than the $350 PNY and has a nice triple fan cooler with 3 year warranty

(Plus I know Ivy keeps his cards for long, so the added warranty would be more useful to him since he would probably only upgrade when the Skyrim successor is released and he mods it to require more than 4Gb VRAM :teehee: )

There's also this Zotac with 2yr warranty for $347:

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=ZT-770-4G&c=CJ

Honestly the 1 year warranty isn't a huge bother, I wish there was a review of the three coolers being compared though. I've had my 7950 for almost 2 years and am upgrading so as long as the card is quality 1-2 years should be fine.

Yeah, the next elder scrolls or whatever is what I'm hoping my 4GB would be able to thwart. ;)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Haha I knew you made this thread when I saw the homepage > :D Am probably gonna do the same since I am paranoid about the 7950 latency issue that maybe exists(I do get stuttering sometimes)

I'm so on the fence but I know I need to act soon.... I am 100% happy with my card now but the closeness in price for the benefits got me thinking (though it'd still a gamble since I'd be selling it auction style)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Haha I knew you made this thread when I saw the homepage > :D Am probably gonna do the same since I am paranoid about the 7950 latency issue that maybe exists(I do get stuttering sometimes)

I'm so on the fence but I know I need to act soon.... I am 100% happy with my card now but the closeness in price for the benefits got me thinking (though it'd still a gamble since I'd be selling it auction style)

No ebay? :O I don't have le wallet to auction stuff :O

No ebay? :O I don't have le wallet to auction stuff :O

Whut lol