troublesome wifi setup

ggg6hfgb

Hi.

I use a broadband internet connection.I use the cable directly connected with my pc,to use the internet.However after some ''maintenance'' I need to connect with dial-up(?) using my username and password.However this is new to me.Ago I just connecte the cable direclty and browsed.No connecting with dial-up or shit.I also have problems with my wifi.I connect the cable given by my ISP to the wifi router(WAN port) and the wifi is on but no internet,sometimes the wifi doesn't even start.My router is the Tp-Link WR740N : http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WR740N.Any one can help me in this regard?

Dial up, by phone line? Shouldn't need a username and password for that and that does required a direct connection so not sure about what exactly you did.

Now about the Wifi, what device are you using to connect to? If your PC doesn't have a wireless card then you can't use wireless. (most don't) .

First off what do you mean by" maintenance" ? Dose that mean your provider downgraded your service to dial up or you changed the internet settings yourself and now it's asking for a password. We need the proper info here please ! :whistling:

I mean at one time I couldn't browse the internet.So I called them and they said that the problem would be sorted.Then I found a new ip address.So yeah.And no this is not a phone line just plain internet cable.I used a router previously to set up my wifi(inserted the internet cable in the WAN port of the router).

Sounds to me like you might have to go into control panel> network and sharing and set up a new broadband internet connection, or just call your isp provider and get them to walk you through the settings you need as it sounds like their screw up.

+1,.. :fp:,...

confirm your internet cable is working by plugging it directly into your computer,..If your OS is Windows 7 or higher try going to network and internet,.. view network status and tasks then change adapter settings,.. and try disabling your adapter then enable it,.. then see if you can get on line,.. if you can't then run Windows diagnostics and try to fix connection,.. if you get a DSL error then it's your provider,.. and if you can get online then follow Sword-Fishes advice and set up your router using installation wizard.  

Edited by Braegnok

It's all fine now.I realised I have a PPPoE connection with username and password.So I set up my wifi router using the installation disc accordingly and wallah!it worked.Though one time the router wouldn't broadcast the SSID,it works now.My ISP had some problems though.Before the wifi problem I would just connect my cable and it would connect instantly,which is different from now,as I have to use a username and password.Any clues as to what my IP did.....

Edited by ggg6hfgb