Updated Official Y-Cruncher Benchmark Thread

Andrewr05

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I got bored today at work today and found a few gems hidding in the corner. since i put in a new server at work everything is running great so it gave me time to load windows and run a few benchmarks

first little gem p3 863mhz with 256mb of ram

p3119032.jpg

the other day i loaded a copy of xp as a test computer on the server... with that said here is a run on the virtual xp box

has 4 cores and 2gb of ram. stats on the server dual xeon E5649 @ 2.53 ghz 12 cores/ 24 threads and 16gb of ram ( edited thanks to mercurydoun )

ycruncher19764.png

next up will be a dual p3....im going to play with it at home, i have to find some ram, videocard, and a harddrive for it first then ill run y-cruncher

Edited by olokul

Almost beat the P4... argh!

Intel Pentium M 715 @ 1.5GHz

207/217

edit:

got it down to 204/214 when not surfing during the bench... but who cares ;)

post-73769-0-28425200-1316539059_thumb.png

Edited by medbor

I got bored today at work today and found a few gems hidding in the corner. since i put in a new server at work everything is running great so it gave me time to load windows and run a few benchmarks

first little gem p3 863mhz with 256mb of ram

p3119032.jpg

the other day i loaded a copy of xp as a test computer on the server... with that said here is a run on the virtual xp box

has 4 cores and 2gb of ram. stats on the server dual xeon E5649 @ 2.53 ghz 24cores and 16gb of ram

ycruncher19764.png

next up will be a dual p3....im going to play with it at home, i have to find some ram, videocard, and a harddrive for it first then ill run y-cruncher

I think you mean 24 threads, dual 5649's would only be 12 cores!! Lol, we have some very similar servers at work, couple of dual 5630's, but really liking the dual 5645's with 24 threads. Some beastly VM power using hyper-V

I think you mean 24 threads, dual 5649's would only be 12 cores!! Lol, we have some very similar servers at work, couple of dual 5630's, but really liking the dual 5645's with 24 threads. Some beastly VM power using hyper-V

I fixed it just for you Merc. i've been watching it all day and one core got up to 4% usage 1 or 2 will do 1% and the rest stay at 0% and they average around 36C on the cores

And medbor its always fun going for the low score. i havent seen anyone come close to my scores in a long time, although my new p3 score just took second to last place :)

Why is that score so low?

:O

UPDATED

im not sure how to classify the cpu on the virtual xp box but in dont think this is right •olokul Xeon E5649 @ 2.53Ghz x2 19.764 its only running 4 virtual cores, not dual 6 core E5649's. i guess it would be a Xeon E5649 @2.53Ghz/ 4 virtual cores.

I have to go back to work later today to do some sql stuff while no ones at work. ill re-run ycruncher again and see what it comes up with. also found a third p3 box sitting upstairs trying to be a mouse condo. i cleaned it out and ill have to see if i can get that up and running. EDIT... I re-ran y-cruncher on the virtual xp box and still got 19 sec. i also grabed both p3 boards to play with at home but forgot my xp install disc at work :( so no new benchmark records tonight double :(

also took a picture of my new server. the server rack i made at work, 5'6" tall x 32" long x 9" wide, its still a work in progress. each section is 4u's so i can fit up to 12u's in the rack. the bottom is going to be 2 2u battery backups. and the first of the year we are planing on buying another server. i wish i had a picture before i did all this work. before i built the rack they had the switches stacked on top of each other on a shelf and let a 2 year old run wires. they used 20' cables when 3' patch cables would of worked. im still working on cleaning up this little room but can only do it on weekends.

e06869ae.jpg

Edited by olokul

I can be a bit slow sometimes, you need to explain it to me like I'm 5.

An E5649 is 6 actual cores and there are two in that system.

Is the virtual box only on 4?

XP limitation?

Are you prohibited from running it natively?

the physical box has 2 E5649's with 16GB of ram running windows server 2008 r2 64bit

The widows xp box is a virtual computer, when you set it up you can only give it a max of 4 virtual cores and whatever amount of ram. I set this box at 2Gb.

here is a screen shot of the desktop with the virtual xp box open and cpuz running

untitled.jpg

The widows xp box is a virtual computer, when you set it up you can only give it a max of 4 virtual cores and whatever amount of ram. I set this box at 2Gb.
Aha!

I actually did not know that.

I'm not sure how I would categorize your score then considering it is very unlikely that it would be comparable to even a native XP install running on the same hardware locked to 4 cores.

Though I suppose I could put it in the list as ' Xeon E5649 @ 2.53Ghz (VM set to 4 cores) '.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i figured i would finally run a pass on the server its self to see what it could do. mind you this is during the middle of the day while everyone is using it.

serverycruncher.jpg

so thats the true server running 2 xeon E5649 @ 2.53ghz and 16gb of ram @ 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 timings

Edited by olokul