Bottleneck

tantan777

so yeah,someone told me that my system bottlenecks itself or does it really?

i3 530

hd 5970

should I upgrade to an i5 750?or is my system okay? please someone help O.o

thoughts anyone? I've read some reviews and benchmarks and they were okay to me, I'm more concerned on gaming by the way.

Yes, the processor is a real bottleneck. An i3 isnt manufactured to be a performer, its main role is suppose to be for lightweight/compact laptops/computers. By no mistake it is relatively speedy however it is not to be used as a gaming chip. Your system is really unbalanced, with a low end processor and the top end graphics card, so my advice is yes, do go and get an i5 750, that is a great chip which will not become a bottleneck for a few years to come, and i guarantee you will have a noticeable performance boost over your current cpu whilst gaming and during everyday desktop use. Hope this helps.

If you already have the system and your not getting drops below 30fps. I won't go buy anything just to remove the bottleneck now. Just keep the 860 or 750 in mind as a upgrade route for later. The longer you wait to buy the cheaper they'll be.

Do you have a good cooler??

With an overclock, even that dual core shouldn't really bottleneck the 5970 unless the game you're playing supports multi threading, and even still that's a Hyper Threaded dual core so you should be ok honestly

Without an overclock it's still on par with light multithreading since it's a 2.93ghz

Do you have a good cooler??

With an overclock, even that dual core shouldn't really bottleneck the 5970 unless the game you're playing supports multi threading, and even still that's a Hyper Threaded dual core so you should be ok honestly

Without an overclock it's still on par with light multithreading since it's a 2.93ghz

Really? Sometimes, quite rarely though, my athlon x4 620 bottlenecks my 5770, it just shows how powerful these cards are getting in comparison to the cpus. I know the 5770 isnt the best card out there but it is still enough to play all games at a good fps, and without the option of having nvidias physx on it then the cpu has to do a lot more work, and this is when the lag really begins to show on the cpus behalf, even if it is only minor.

Really? Sometimes, quite rarely though, my athlon x4 620 bottlenecks my 5770, it just shows how powerful these cards are getting in comparison to the cpus. I know the 5770 isnt the best card out there but it is still enough to play all games at a good fps, and without the option of having nvidias physx on it then the cpu has to do a lot more work, and this is when the lag really begins to show on the cpus behalf, even if it is only minor.

You're referring to your overclocked CPU??

You're referring to your overclocked CPU??

I mean when the cpu is at stock speeds. I dont keep my cpu at a permanent oc, i just oc before gaming, i feel as though i am killing my chip faster just by having it left on a permanent oc when in everyday desktop use, there isnt a massive difference.

I mean when the cpu is at stock speeds. I dont keep my cpu at a permanent oc, i just oc before gaming, i feel as though i am killing my chip faster just by having it left on a permanent oc when in everyday desktop use, there isnt a massive difference.

That is why AMD has Cool'n'Quiet which downclocks the processor to something light during desktop usage. Then it cranks it up to the stock or OC'd level when something intensive, like a game, gets started.

well that's why!! as long as you dont run those 1.6v through there you'll be fine. I think 1.5v is plenty fine for 24/7 usage if the temperatures are nice. 2.6ghz in this day and age doesn't cut it sir!!

I had my Q9450 @ 3.8-4.0ghz for 2+ years and it still works fine. My motherboard did just recently take a dump but that's what warranties are for :P, the chip still works just fine!

That is why AMD has Cool'n'Quiet which downclocks the processor to something light during desktop usage. Then it cranks it up to the stock or OC'd level when something intensive, like a game, gets started.

ya but it wont be that effective since his bclock will be higher even though a lower multi is introduced, still a good point!