DayZ Game

_TheAlexO

Now being made into a standalone game. This was inevitable, glad it's finally announced though.

PC Gamer Link

Edited by _TheAlexO

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks awesome!!! Too bad I'm poor :(

You can get everything required for 50% off on Amazon right now, $15

my only complaint about it. Night time is impossible. They give you 10 flares to start the game, but if you start at night it's very very difficult to find supplies.

example. With brightness turned up a little bit, this is my view.

My link

Downloading now. Sounds badass.

edit: Hmm I just have Arma 2, not CO. Do I just need to get Operation Arrowhead as well or does it need CO?

nvm figured it out

Edited by Coors

Downloading now. Sounds badass.

edit: Hmm I just have Arma 2, not CO. Do I just need to get Operation Arrowhead as well or does it need CO?

You need both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead. Those two combine to make CO.

I love this mod. It gives you a genuine feeling of anxiety (in a good way). No other game that I've ever played or seen is this immersive. I actually don't want to die. It makes you really think about every single decision you make. Do I want to keep an extra pistol magazine or do I need a can of beans?

Whew! Just finished playing for a little while, and I'm shaking. Quietly looted a small village, alerting no zombies. Picked up a compass which is pretty essential, especially if you want to meet up with friends.

Here's a great and simple guide to installing the mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWFv1CUa6Y

Edited by _TheAlexO

Ok so I got it installed and join a server and click Ok. Then it says Receiving Data and then I get taken back to the server list.

edit: lol think I figured it out again. The US mirror still had 1.5.8.2. Downloading .4 now from the SWE mirror.

Edited by Coors

Ok so I got it installed and join a server and click Ok. Then it says Receiving Data and then I get taken back to the server list.

edit: lol think I figured it out again. The US mirror still had 1.5.8.2. Downloading .4 now from the SWE mirror.

some servers still haven't updated to 1.5.8.3. Set the filter in the server browser. Set "mission: DayZ" , Hide full, hide password, and you can set "host: 1.5.8.2/3" (depending on what version you have. I wen't back to 1.5.8.2 because that's what most servers were running.. Make sure you have the right game version. Should be version 1.60. Buddy of mine had 1.59 or something, DayZ recognized it as 1.60 though so. If you're not running the steam version, you should probably update to 1.60 even though it says you already have it.

Also, keep in mind this is still an Alpha mod and it's just one guy working on it in his spare time. He was not anticipating this much of a response. There's a lot of connection issues for people. I try to join servers with less than 20 players in it already because that seems to eliminate the connection issues.

Night time is practically impossible to maneuver and the game is a 24 hour day/night cycle. If your server is in say Chicago, it should start getting dark about now. I both love it and hate it. So you need to make good/smart use of your 10 flares to try and find other loot to last you the night. You can turn brightness, gama, and visibility all the way up and it's still difficult to see. Just use flairs and hope you come across a flashlight. I think he made it so zombies aren't attracted to flares.

Edited by _TheAlexO

Well once I ran out of ammo I was screwed. Ended up running for a few miles or so being chased by two zombies in the countryside. Ended up in a town where I got the attention of about...20 more zombies lol. I thought I was saved when I found a water tower/silo looking thing and managed to climb the ladder after some maneuvering around walls and fences to put some space between me and the zombies. So I was catching my breathe and looking around at the zombies below when holy ....zombies can climb ladders! lol so I last ditch effort ran off the silo after most of the zombies were on it...(for some reason they couldn't see me until they got really close. Probably a bug being on top of it)...and broke a couple bones and was eaten as I tried to crawl away lmao

and yeah...the night time is kind of retarded...it's not like people's eyes don't adjust to the darkness.

Edited by Coors

Well once I ran out of ammo I was screwed. Ended up running for a few miles or so being chased by two zombies in the countryside. Ended up in a town where I got the attention of about...20 more zombies lol. I thought I was saved when I found a water tower/silo looking thing and managed to climb the ladder after some maneuvering around walls and fences to put some space between me and the zombies. So I was catching my breathe and looking around at the zombies below when holy ....zombies can climb ladders! lol so I last ditch effort ran off the silo after most of the zombies were on it...(for some reason they couldn't see me until they got really close. Probably a bug being on top of it)...and broke a couple bones and was eaten as I tried to crawl away lmao

and yeah...the night time is kind of retarded...it's not like people's eyes don't adjust to the darkness.

lol that's why I love this mod, the stories that come from it. I hope Rocket (guy that made the mod) implements some sort of feature where your eyes adjust to the darkness.

I believe it's only 2 shots to the chest to kill, 1 shot to the head. Since it's still alpha, the dying animations are a little bugged where they take a few too many steps, but they do fall.

Definitely need to play with people you know. Just got killed 3 times in a row because it kept spawning me on top of the same roof where some sniper was camping. Couldn't figure out how to use the rifle I picked up though...had the rifle and 3 mags but couldn't swap to it.

And he really really needs to get rid of the real time zone darkness .. It's retarded. Trying to play after work and local servers are pitch black so I have to go to some 250 ping server half way across the world =/

Edited by Coors